There are a number of good Mass Communication schools in Maharashtra that offer diploma and degree courses in media studies and Journalism. Mass Communication has become one of the most sought-after courses for the youth because as a subject of study it opens up many career prospects. Depending upon the liking and choice, a student can either choose a vocational course or opt for a degree program in Mass Communication. Here is a list of best Mass Communication Schools in Maharashtra, based on quality of education, faculty, infrastructure and placement records.
- Xavier Institute of Communication – Initiated in 1969, XIC offers a wide range of services in production and training in the field of media. It is on the second position in the top five Mass Communication schools in India. They are highly equipped with professional media resources to provide the best education to their students. Courses offered include diploma courses in Mass Communication and Journalism, Public Relations and Corporate Communication, Advertising and Marketing, and Digital Animation. It also offers creative certificate courses like technical writing, public speaking, creative writing, radio jockeying and photography.
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication – Located in Pune, SIMC is a part of the Symbiosis International University. Started in 1990 with a batch of just 40 students, today it is considered one of the best Mass Communication schools in Maharashtra. It believes in providing high standards of training and education. The courses offered include a two year full-time MBA in Communication Management and a two year full-time Master of Mass Communication. This school is known for its rigour for quality education, excellent infrastructure, internship opportunities, cutting edge facilities and strong tie-ups with the industry.
- Film and Television Institute of India – Started in 1960, it is an autonomous educational institute managed by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India. This institute has a golden history of producing some of the best artists in the film industry today, such as Subhash Ghai, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Jaya Bahaduri, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Raj Kumar Hirani. It offers Post Graduate Diploma courses in specialized areas including direction, cinematography, sound recording & sound design, editing and acting. What makes it different from others is its infrastructure that is equipped with the latest equipment.
- Indian Institute of Management Training – Located in Pune, IIMT offers value based quality education through innovative training methods. It ensures a good extent of practical exposure to give its students a hands-on experience of the industry. The institute is known for its highly qualified and experienced faculty members and the beautiful infrastructure that provides a conducive environment for studies. It offers both full-time and correspondence MBA courses in Mass Communication, making it easier for students.
- School of Broadcasting and Communication –SBC is an integral part of the Society for Arts & Mass Communication. Located in Mumbai, it is affiliated to Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism. It provides degree programs in media related courses with the help of collaboration with leading media houses. It aims to create industry-ready professionals for the Indian media. It has come up with a specialized placement service for media recruitments to help students make a place in the industry, once they have completed their Post Graduate Diploma course in Mass Communication.
Most of the Mass Communication schools in Maharashtra have an entrance test followed by an interview for admission to different courses in Mass Communication and Journalism.