The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has invidted applications from girl students who has passed class 10 scoring 70 percent marks, to join the UDAAN, a programme that aims at preparing the young female students for admission in centrally funded engineering Colleges/ technical institutes in India.
Under this programme the selected female candidates are assisted with free of cost tutorials, lectures, study material and other mentoring support to prepare for engineering entrance examination through virtual contact classes and helpline services to monitor student learning.
For the candiadets going regular with UDAAN assessment in classes 11 and 12, financial assistance will also be given in the form of admission to IITs, NITs and other centrally funded engineering Colleges/ technical institutes in India.
All the interested candidates are requested to apply though prescribed format latest by August 7, 2017.
- All the female candidates studying in class 11 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths (PCM)subjects from KVs, NVs, or government schools of any recognized board or CBSE affiliated private schools.
- Applicant must have scored minimum 70 per cent marks in class 10 and 80 per cent marks in science and math or minimum CGPA of 8 and GPA of 9 in science and mathematics.
- Applicant's annual family income should be less than 6 Lakh per annum.
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen residing in India only.
Note: Special privilege is given to the candidates categorised under OBC, SC, ST and PWD quota.
List of various documents to be attached with the application form is given below:
- Undertaking that applicant is a regular student of the mentioned school
- Annual income certificate
- Reservation certificate (if applicable)
- Class X marksheet / gradesheet fulfilling the eligibility criteria
- Undertaking (attached in the annexure of Udaan brochure) filled and signed by the parent/guardian of the applicant
Mode of Application Submission:
- Students are required to visit the official website : http://188.8.131.52/online/onlineasp/udaan_2017/#
- Here they are required to fill in the application form, upload their photograph, download the declaration form and take a print of their application.
- Submit the application form along with the requisite documents to the nearest centre for verification.
For any queries or clarification students can avail the helpline number 011-23214737 or can e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CBSE class 10 and 12 exams 2018 likely to be conducted in two shifts
CBSE class 10 students can take vocational subject as sixth paper
CBSE Result 2017: The board sets up two committees to study loopholes in evaluation process