- What type of sharing takes place?
- What types (metal or non metals) atoms are involved?
- What is covalancy?
- Which groups have maximum number of covalancy in the periodic table?
- What is valance bond theory?
- What is measure of electronegativity for an atom which can form covalent bond?
- Conditions for the formation of sigma bond
- Conditions for the formation of pi bond
- Which bond is formed by hybridized orbital?
- Cov.bond is directional or no directional
- How many types of isomers can be formed by Cov.bonds?
- Solubility in polar or nonpolar solvent
- Melting and boiling points with exceptional case
Go through the some examples given here and get an idea that what to read and how to read
Q.1 The element represented by [Ar] 4s2 3d10 4p2 has how many valence electrons?
Q.2. Covalently bonding normally occurs between which types of elements?
a) metals only
b) non-metals only
c) metals and non-metals
d) More than one of these are correct.
Q.3. When sodium an chlorine react energy is
a) bonds released and an ionic bond are formed
b) released and covalent bond are formed
c) absorbed and covalent bonds
d) absorbed and lonic are formed
Visit continuously in CBSE section of the site jagranjosh.com to get this type of articles