Indian Banking Personnel Selection is the body which recruits candidates ranging from all walks of the life to the public banking sector. It conducts Common Written Examination (CWE) to recruit clerical cadres and Probationary officers for various nationalized banks and public sector banking bodies. Through a process of written examinations and personal interview candidates are selected to provide their services to the banks.
Though the salaries provided to these candidates are almost same in each and every bank, the facilities in some banks like medical, leased house rent, etc. varies accordingly. The State Bank of India provides two increments at the time of joining making its salary a little more than any other bank at the very beginning.
Salary Components of Bank Clerical Cadre
- Basic Salary
- Dearness Allowance(DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- Medical Aide of Rs. 2000 P.A. on declaration
- LFC entitlement for travel with family
- Hospitalization schemes for staff and family
Pay Scale (Salary Division)
- Basic Salary : Rs. 8, 000
- Dearness Allowance(DA): Rs. 7,999.2
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): Rs. 800
- Transport Allowance (TA): Rs. 225
Total Gross Pay: Rs. 17,042.2
The variations in DA and HRA depend on the place of posting for candidates and can vary.