Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has announced this year’s Probationary Officer recruitment for which the written examination is going to take place in the month of October 2015. The candidates have buckled up for the PO CWE V and have started preparing for the examination. Like last year there would be prelims and mains examinations, which the candidates need to get through in order to face the personal interview round. The prelims examination is relatively easier than the Mains and contains 3 papers instead of 5 in the Mains. The mains examination contains five papers namely English Language, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge. The overall marks for prelims and Mains exams are 100 and 200 respectively.
Candidates eying for a interview berth need to clear all the papers separately in both prelims and Mains examination and this is what makes this examination really challenging. Every year there are lakhs of candidates who battle out for the officer and clerical posts offered by IBPS. Hence the preparation in part of the candidates needs to be of top quality. Computer knowledge is one such paper where the candidates can score really well, provided they follow simple steps while preparing.
Syllabus for Computer Knowledge: Although IBPS does not provide syllabus, Jagranjosh has come up with topics to be prepared for IBPS PO Exam 2015.
The topics list: This part covers mainly following topics:-
• Hardware and software
• Windows operating system
• Internet terms and services
• Basic Functionalities of MS-Office( MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
• Logic gates
• History of computers
• Networking and communication
• Hacking, Security Tools and Viruses
Preparation Tips for Computer Knowledge:
• Shred the fear out: There are many candidates who are not prone to computers and the recent digital trend that is ongoing and thus they feel sigh of the technology. They even fear the technical aspect of it and try to mug up the paper at a go. It is advised not to fear about the technology and rather embrace it. Candidates should learn the technology and its components by taking a practical tour of the machine and internet itself rather reading about them in the books. This would make them confident and aware at the same go.
• Go through the basics: The paper contains questions related to basic computer software and hardware utilizations, full forms, machine components, internet related analogies etc. They are from very basic level of computer knowledge and could be accessed real easy in this world of digital advancement. There are short term courses as well which can make the candidates aware about the technology at a very short span.
• Keep yourself updated: There is lots of improvement going on in this field around the world and the candidates need to keep an eye on them. There are new methodologies and machines used in the general day to day lives that are affecting human lives and thus need to be known by the candidates as they can appear as questions in the examination. All the recent components, hardware changes, software updates and many more should be on the tip of the candidates.
• Practice through previous year papers: The questions tend to repeat them in the examination and thus it is advisable to prepare from the previous year question papers and mock question papers. The paper can save enormous time if prepared well by the candidates.