Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for April 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. Noted Social worker Anna Hazare on 5 April 2011 started his hunger strike at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi to protest against the reported delay in bringing in which of the following bills to effectively deal with corruption?
a. Lokpal Bill
b. The Competition (Amendment) Bill
c. The Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India Bill
d. The Appropriation (No.3 ) Bill
2. Which of the following Bollywood Actress won the Best Actress trophy at the 13th London Asian Film Festival for her performance in Onir’s I AM?
a. Nandita Das
b. Juhi Chawla
d. Konkona Sen Sharma
3. Which of the following Indian cricket players took the highest number of wickets in the recently concluded ICC World Cup 2011 along with Pakistan’s Shahid Afridi?
a. Yuvraj Singh
b. Zaheer Khan
c. Munaf Patel
d. Harbhajan Singh
4. Praveen Kumar Tripathi took over as the Chief Secretary of which of the following governments on 4 April 2011?
a. Delhi Government
b. Haryana Government
c. Uttar Pradesh Government
d. Uttarakhand Government
5. The Union Government gifted a Kendriya Vidyalaya to a nondescript village Indrapura to which of the following Indian states?
d. Madhya Pradesh
6. The Supreme Court on 5 April 2011 passed an order to lift iron export ban imposed by which of the following Indian states on 26 July 2010 and also ordered it to implement the new rules for regulating iron ore mining and transportation?
a. Tamil Nadu
b. Andhra Pradesh
7. Under the Godfrey Phillips Zonal Bravery Awards given away by the former ruler of Jodhpur, Gaj Singh in Jaipur on 5 April 2011, which of the following NGOs was honoured with the Amodhini Award of Rs.1 lakh?
b. Charities Aid Foundation
d. Akhil Bharatiya Vanavasi Kalyan Ashram
8. Which Indian hockey player was in April 2011 named captain of the Indian Hockey team the upcoming Sultan Azlan Shah Cup scheduled to be played in Malaysia from 5-15 May 2011?
a. Arjun Halappa
b. Rajpal Singh
c. Bharat Kumar Chetri
d. Mohd. Amir Khan
9. Gangaur, a festival which marks the union of Lord Shiva and his consort, Goddess Parvati is celebrated for 18 days from the day after Holi in which of the following Indian states?
c. Tamil Nadu
10. Which agency issued guidelines on distance marketing of products on 6 April 2011 to protect the interest of people who buy policies over phone or Internet?
11. Which one of the following Indian states recently released a Braille version of the RTI (Right to Information) Act and its rules for the benefit of visually challenged?
d) Madhya Pradesh
Answer (a): Gujarat
12. The Gujarat Government banned controversial book, entitled Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and his struggle with India. Who is the author of the book?
a) Joseph Lelyveld
b) Joseph Ponting
c) Hugh Grant
d) Vikram Seth
Answer: (a) Joseph Lelyveld
13. Which one of the following states imposed a blanket ban on plastic bags?
c) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: (a) Delhi
14. India won the cricket world cup 2011 by defeating Sri Lanka in final at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. Which one of the following pairs is not correct?
Cricket World Cup edition Winner
a) 2007 cricket world cup: Australia
b) 2003 cricket World Cup: India
c) 1983 cricket world cup: India
d) 1992 cricket world cup: Pakistan
Answer: (b) Australia had won the 2003 cricket world cup.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .