Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for April 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1.Indian Union Government on 9 April 2011 reconstituted the Central Supervisory Board set up under the Pre-conception & Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques Act, 1994 (PC & PNDT Act). Read the following sentences with respect to the Act.
1. Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Act, 1994 was brought into operation from 1 January 1996.
2. The main objective of the PC & PNDT Act is ensure use of sex selection techniques before or after conception.
3. The Act aims at stopping misuse of pre-natal diagnostic techniques for sex-selective abortions.
4. The Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Act, 1994 was brought into operation to check female feticide.
Which of the above mentioned statement/statements is/are false?
a. Only 1
b. Only 3
c. 2 & 3
d. None of the above
2. Read the following sentences with respect to Central Reserve Police Force.
1. CRPF celebrates its Valour Day every year on 9 April.
2. CRPF observes the Valour Day to commemorate the 1965 incident of Sardar Post when 2nd Battalion of CRPF had repulsed the attack of a full-fledged infantry brigade of Pakistani army.
3. 50 CRPF officers were given gallantry medals on the occasion of CRPF Valour Day on 9 April 2011.
4. CRPF is the third first force in the world to raise an all-women battalion.
Which of the following statements are true?
a. 1 & 2
b. 3 & 4
c. 2 & 4
d. 2 & 3
3. Read the following sentences with respect to the issue of biometric PAN cards to taxpayers.
1. Indian Finance Ministry on 11 April decided to issue biometric PAN cards to taxpayers across the country to erase the problem of duplicate and fake ones
2. proposed new biometric Permanent Account Number (PAN) cards would bear the I-T assessee's fingerprints
3. Finance ministry and the I-T department had put on hold the biometric PAN card project in 2010 to ensure that the biometric PAN cards for tax payers could be released along with UID numbers to be issued by Nandan Nilekani's Unique Identity Authority of India (UIDAI).
4. The biometric PAN card was proposed by the finance minister Pranab Mukherjee in the budget speech of 2009-10.
Which of the above mentioned statements are true?
a. 1,2 & 3
b. 1,3 & 4
c. 2,3 & 4
d. 1 & 2
4. According to data from an international organisation India’s growth in 2010 was 10.4% higher than that of China which recorded a growth of 10.3%. Name the organisation.
a. International Monetary Fund
b. World Bank
c. Asian Development Bank
d. World Trade organisation
5. Creative Abby awards were given out during the Goafest 2011 which concluded on 9 April 2011 in the Varca village in Goa. The awards recognise and honour work in which of the following fields?
c. Documentary Films
d. Art & Craft
6. India topped the list of 10 countries that have the highest number of stillbirths according to which of the following British medical journals?
a. The Lancet
b. British Journal of Medical Practitioners
c. British Columbia Medical Journal
d. British Journal of Sexual Medicine
7. The Annual plan for Jharkhand state was finalised at ____ for the year 2011-12.
a) 15300 crore rupees
b) 14300 crore rupees
c) 16600 crore rupees
d) 12450 crore rupees
Answer: (a) 15300 crore rupees
8. The Supreme Court of India, in the second week of April 2011, refused Odisha Government's plea to stay Polavaram Dam construction by which one of the following states?
a) Madhya Pradesh
c) West Bengal
d) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: (d) Andhra Pradesh
9. Two rare vulture species namely, the Long-billed and the White-rumped were sighted in large numbers in Rajsthan’s Baran district. Baran is located in which one of the following states?
c) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: (b) Rajasthan
10. India is working on AURA (autonomous unmanned research aircraft) programme to develop the stealth UCAVs (unmanned combat aerial vehicles) or drones capable of firing missiles and bombs at enemy targets with precision. What is the full form of AURA?
a) Autonomous Unmanned Research Aircraft
b) Autonomous Unmanned Research Airplane
c) Automatic Unmanned Research Aircraft
d) Automated Unmanned Research Anti-Missile
Answer: (a) Autonomous Unmanned Research Aircraft
11. Consider the following sentences regarding Andhra Lake Wind Power Project.
i) The project is promoted by Indo-German enterprise Enercon India
ii) It is located at a distance of 3.5 km from the Bhimshanker Wildlife Sanctuary.
iii) It is posing threat to the region of Western Ghats in Maharashtra.
Choose the right option:
a) All i, ii and iii are correct.
b) Only i and ii are correct.
c) Only i is correct.
d) Only ii is correct.
Answer: (a) All i, ii and iii are correct.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .