Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for April 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. The Supreme Court on 19 April 2011 declared Khap panchayats illegal and termed them as kangaroo courts. Consider the following statements on Khap panchayats.
i) Khap is a term for a social - political grouping and used in a geographical sense.
ii) The word Khap means an area inhabited by a particular clan.
iii) Khap Panchayats are prevalent in Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
Choose the right option:
a) All i, ii and iii are correct.
b) Only i and ii are correct.
c) Only i and iii are correct.
d) Only ii and iii are correct.
Answer: (a) All i, ii and iii are correct.
2. The Supreme Court quashed the acquisition of 205 hectares of agricultural land in Uttar Pradesh’s Gautam Budh Nagar by the state government. The court stated that the right to property is a constitutional right and the government can’t take away anybody’s land in an arbitrary way. Right to Property was removed from the list of the fundamental rights under__ amendment of the Constitution of India.
Answer: (a) 44th
3. The Supreme Court on 18 April 2011 banned the employment of children in circuses and directed the government to rescue those employed in the sector. Consider the following statements on the judgement.
i) A Bench headed by Justice Dalveer Bhandari gave the judgement.
ii) The Court passed the order on a petition filed by NGO Bachpan Bachao Aandolan.
Choose the right option:
a) Both i and ii are correct
b) Only i is correct
c) Only ii is correct]
d) Neither i nor ii is correct.
Answer: (a) both i and ii is correct.
4. Supreme Court of India on 18 April 2011 stayed the order of the broadcast tribunal TDSAT and thus set aside TRAI's notification to fix 35 per cent of the rates paid by cable operators for TV channels. The apex court raised the rates paid by cable operators for TV channels to what percentage?
5. Writer of nearly 1000 novels in Urdu Izhar Asar died at 82 on 15 April 2011. What is the name of the first science novel written by Izhar Asar?
a. Aadhi Zindagi
b. Do Aankhein
d. Meherbaan Kaise Kaise
6. National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), a not-for-profit company under the Ministry of Finance and Everonn Education Ltd (EEL) joined hands to launch which school to train 1.5 crore people across nine sectors?
a. International Skills School
b. School of International Skills Training
c. National Vocational Training School
d. International School for Vocational Training
7. To make Urdu a language of mass communication, the madarsa education board of which Indian state in April 2011 started Urdu journalism training for madarsa pass-outs?
c. West Bengal
5. Study the following sentences:
1. The APMC bill was approved of by Uttarakhand Governor on 19 April 2011.
2. The APMC bill seeks to provide effective regulation in marketing of agricultural produces as well as establishment of proper marketing system in Uttarakhand.
3. The bill bars setting up private markets so as to enable farmers and regulatory authorities to ensure a level playing field.
4. The bill proposed to do away with the mandi system of the sale and purchase of agriculture produces.
Which of the statements related to the bill is not true?
c. 2 & 3
d. 3 & 4
6. Name the helicopter that caught fire and plunged into a gorge in Tawang city of Arunachal Pradesh on 19 April 2011 resulting in the death of 17 persons
a. Pawan Hans Mi-17
b. HAL HPT-32 Deepak
c. HAL HJT-16 Kiran
d. Lakshya PTA
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .