Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for April 2012 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. The two-member Adarsh Judicial Commission set up to probe into the scam-tainted Adarsh Housing Society submitted its interim report to the state Government on 13 April 2012? By which of the following governments was the committee set up?
a. Maharashtra Government
b. Union Government
c. Gujarat Government
d. Andhra Pradesh Government
2. Name the Samajwadi Party MLA from Itwa in Sidhhartnagar district who was unanimously elected Speaker of the 16th Uttar Pradesh Assembly on 13 April 2012?
a. Sukhdeo Rajbhar
b. Mata Prasad Pandey
c. Syed Ahmed Bukhari
d. Naresh Uttam
3. MLA, N. Varadarajan, died in Chennai on 10 April 2012. Which of the following facts with regards to Varadarajan is not true?
1. N. Varadarajan was former Tamil Nadu State secretary of the CPI(M) and three-time MLA
2. He was elected to the Tamil Nadu Assembly twice (1977 and 1980)
3. He was elected to the Tamil Nadu Assembly from the Vedasandur constituency in 1983
4. He was elected party secretary in Tamil Nadu in 2005 and again in 2008
a. Only 1
b. 1 & 2
c. Only 3
d. Only 2
4. Who among the following leaders was re-elected General Secretary of CPI (M) for the third consecutive term at the party's 20th Congress, which took place at Kozhikode?
a. Brinda Karat
b. Prakash Karat
c. Sitaram Yechury
d. AB Bardhan
5. Name the Pakistani scientist who was granted bail by the Supreme Court of India on 9 April 2012.
a. Khalil Chishty
b. Ajmal Chishty
c. Azam Khan
d. Hafeez Saeed
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .