India Current Affairs Quiz August 2011, Latest India Current Affairs Quiz, Online India Current Affairs Quiz with Question and Answers, Quizzes based on National Events, Quizes related to Indian Affairs, MBA, RBI, NABARD, Civil Services Exam and other Competitive Exams
1. Veteran actor and leading star of Bollywood of the 1960s, Shammi Kapoor died in Mumbai on 14 August 2011. Which of the facts mentioned below is not true about the legendary actor?
1. He debuted in Bollywood in 1953 with the film Jeevan Jyoti
2. Sharmila Tagore and Saira Banu made their Bollywood debuts with Shammi Kapoor in Kashmir Ki Kali and Junglee respectively.
3. He received the first Filmfare Best Actor award of his career for the film Ujala in 1970.
4. Shammi Kapoor was the founder and chairman of Internet Users Community of India (IUCI).
a. 1 & 4
b. 2 & 3
c. Only 3
d. Only 1
2. Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award for the year, 2010 was announced on 19 August 2011. Which ministry is responsible for giving out the award?
a. Ministry of Women and Child Development
b. Home Ministry
c. Finance Ministry
d. HRD Ministry
3. Which Indian state government on 18 August 2011 declared the constitution of State Innovation Council headed by State Chief Secretary Urvashi Gulati for promotion of innovations?
b. West Bengal
4. Which one of the following state governments launched the Dal Bhat Scheme on 15 August 2011?
d) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: (a) Jharkhand
5. Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) was Set Up to help Emigrant Indian Nationals in Distress. Which one of the following ministries set up ICWF?
a) Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs
b) Ministry of External Affairs
c) Ministry of Environment & Forests
d) Home Ministry
Answer: (a) Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .