Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for August 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. Which of the following days in July is celebrated as Kargil Vijay Diwas to mark the Indian victory in the Kargil war back in 1999?
a. 30 July
b. 31 July
c. 26 July
d. 28 July
2. This Sikkim high court Chief facing impeachment on charges of corruption and judicial misconduct resigned on 29 July 2011. Identify him.
a. Justice PD Dinakaran
b. Justice V Ramaswamy
c. Justice Soumitra Sen
d. Justice P C Joshi
3. Who was elected Karnataka's 26th chief minister by BJP's legislator on 3 August 2011?
a. B S Yeddyurappa
b. D V Sadananda Gowda
c. Dr. V S Acharya
d. C M Udasi
4. Restoration work on which of the following tombs in New Delhi led to the discovery of the country's oldest sunken garden?
a. Isa Khan's tomb
b. Humayun’s tomb
c. Safdarjang tomb
d. Sultan Garhi tomb
5. NSSF was approved by the Union Cabinet of India on 28 July 2011. NSSF stands for__
a) National Social Security Fund
b) National Services Security Fund
c) National Social Services Fund
d) National Safe Security Fund
Answer: (a) National Social Security Fund
6. Which State government recently decided to provide bicycles to ASHA activists to boost rural health services?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: (a) Madhya Pradesh
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .