India Current Affairs Quizzes of the week introduce you to the current events of national importance and by solving the quizzes you can test your knowledge about the recent happenings of the nation. This will also help you in preparing for the upcoming competitive examinations also.
1. The Union Government of India on 10 December 2012 introduced a bill in Parliament to amend the Competition Act which, among other things, will require the Competition Commission to decide on corporate mergers within 180 days. What is the name of the Bill?
a) Competition (Amendment) Bill, 2012
b) Competition Bill, 2012
c) Competition Commission Bill 2012
d) Competition review Bill 2012
Answer. (a) Competition (Amendment) Bill, 2012
2. The Union Government spent more than 1768 crore rupees in previous three years for its own promotion, revealed the Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Ministry. Name the body that revealed the data of investments made on advertisements in magazines and newspapers as well as television?
a) Press clipping service
Answer. (c) FICCI
3. Which of the following statements are true?
a) Land Acquisition and Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2011 was cleared by the Union Cabinet on 13 December 2012, making it compulsory to get consent of 80 percent land owners. However in case of the Public-Private Projects (PPP), it was made mandatory that the consent of 70 percent people should be taken.
b) In the Land Acquisition Act, 1894, there was no provision of returning the land which was not used. But as per the clause in new Bill, in case the acquired land was not utilised for 5 years, it would lapse.
c) I&B Ministry revealed that the Directorate of Audio-Visual Publicity (DAVP) spent a total of 1768.55 crore Rupees in publicity as well as advertisements in magazines and newspapers as well as on television.
d) The Union Government of India on 10 December 2012 introduced a bill in Parliament to amend the Competition Act which, among other things, will require the Competition Commission to decide on corporate mergers within 300 days.
i. Statement a, b and c are true
ii. Statement a and d are true
iii. None of the above mentioned statement is true
iv. Statement d is true
Answer. (i) Statement a, b and c are true
4. The Supreme Court partially stayed the order of Delhi high court in which it had cancelled three paras of Centre's 2010 circular which made it compulsory for the judges to take foreign visits only with approval of chief justice of the high court concerned or Chief Justice of India (CJI)and also made it mandatory for the judges to inform a government body to inform about such trips to Government of India. Which of the following statement related to the judgment is true?
a) The judges of Supreme Court as well as high court need to inform the Government of India about the foreign visits which include the purpose of their visit, duration as well as the funding source.
b) The judges of Supreme Court, High Court and the Lower Court need to inform the Government of India about their foreign visits which include the purpose of their visit, duration as well as the funding source.
c) The judges can take on the foreign visit only after traveling details were submitted to the Government of India
d) None of these
i. Only statement a is true
ii. Statement a and c is true
iii. Statement b is true
iv. Statement a and c are true
Answer. (iv)Statement a and c are true
5. What is the proposed distance to be covered by the Bhatinda-Jammu-Srinagar gas pipeline project that is scheduled to be completed by July 2014 to draw gas from Gujarat to the State?
a) 330 kilometers
b) 312 kilometers
c) 328 kilometers
d) 348 kilometers
Answer. (c)328 kilometers