Test your knowledge about the national events and incidences by solving the quizzes that are mentioned below.
1. Name the person who was appointed as the Chairman of IRDA?
a) T. S. Vijayan
b) J. Hari Narayan
c) TT Jagannathan
d) Adi Godrej
Answer: (a) T.S. Vijayan
2. A 1000 page report was submitted by a Institution to the Finance Ministry with an estimation that unlawful wealth would exceed 10 percent or more of GDP, i.e., above 10 lakh crore Rupees as per the size of the economy. Name the institution that submitted its report to the ministry?
a) Risk Capital and Technology Finance Corporation Limited (RCTC)
b) Technology Development and Information Company of India Ltd. (TDICI)
c) National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP)
d) Development Finance Institutions (DFI)
Answer: (c) National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP)
3. The State Government of Uttar Pradesh on 18 February 2013 appointed a retired Justice of Allahabad High Court to conduct Judicial Probe into the Allahabad Railway Station Stampede that occurred during Kumbh Mela. Name the person appointed to conduct the judicial probe into the incident?
a) Onkareshwar Bhatt
b) R.R.K. Trivedi
c) Chaudhary Abdur Rahim
d) O.N. Asthana
Answer: (a) Onkareshwar Bhatt
4. Name the person who was appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations in February 2013.
a) Dilip Sinha
b) Nirupam Sen
c) Asoke Kumar Mukerji
d) Hardeep Singh Puri
Answer: (c) Asoke Kumar Mukerji
5. Which of the following statements mentioned below are true?
i. Rajya Sabha on 25 February 2013 approved the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Bill. The bill seeks protection for women in all type of organised, unorganized as well as Private Sectors, including the sexual harassment of domestic help as well as agricultural workers.
ii. National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare signed the first MoU with the Ministry of Shipping in February 2013 as a part of its efforts to highlight issues relating to HIV/AIDS.
iii. Priority Sector Lending (PSL) to Minorities increased considerably from 10.60 percent of total PSL in 2007-2008 to 25.01 percent in 2012-2013
iv. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting on 8 February 2013 arranged the first of its kind Live Twitter Conference based on the theme- Community Radio: Road Travelled & Way Forward.
a) Statements i, iii, and iv are true
b) Statement, i, ii and iv are true
c) All the four statements are true
d) Statements i, ii and iii are true
Answe: (b) Statement, i, ii and iv are true