Quizzes of the week are prepared by sorting out the finest events of the weeks and identifying the most probable questions, which may be asked in any of the exams scheduled ahead to be held. Solve the quizzes of the week to test your potential.
1. I&B Ministry Constituted Expert Committee to Review Functioning of Prasar Bharti in February 2013. Which of the below mentioned statements in relation to the committee is true?
i. Expert Committee to review the institutional frame work of Prasar Bharati as well as its relationship with Government, its role in continuance as a public broadcaster and the measures that needs to be taken to ensure technical upgradation of the organization
ii. To suggest measures to sustain, strengthen and amplify Prasar Bharati`s role as a Public Broadcaster with special reference to its relationship with Government in the emerging context.
iii. The committee is responsible for reviewing the status of implementation of the recommendations, which were made by different committees after undertaking the study of Prasar Bharati, mainly, the Sengupta committee, the Bakshi Committee and the Narayanamurthy committee. It is also responsible to suggest a road map ahead to enhance the reach and potential of Prasar Bharati
iv. The committee is responsible for identifying the ways for digitization of the archived material available with Doordarshan (DD) and All India Radio (AIR), which includes digitization of the materials of the Independence Movement. As well suggest the measures for development of infrastructure data centre, digitalization system and networks
a) Statements i, ii, and iii are true
b) Statement, i and ii are true
c) All the four statements are true
d) Statements i, iii and iv are true
Answer: (c) All the Four Statements are true
2. I&B Ministry Constituted Expert Committee to Review Functioning of Prasar Bharti under the chairmanship of?
a) Sam Pitroda
b) Shekhar Kapur
c) Shri Jawhar Sircar
d) Dr. B.K. Gairola
Answer: (a) Sam Pitroda
3. The Union Cabinet of India on 6 February 2013 gave its nod to the proposal of decreasing the headcounts to what number in habitations under the government's flagship programme, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, PMGSY
Answer: (c) 100
4. My India Initiative-A Digital Volunteer Programme was launched by which ministry of the Government of India?
a) Information and Broadcasting Ministry
b) Agricultural Ministry
c) Science and Technology Ministry
d) New and Renewable Energy
Answer: (a) Information and Broadcasting Ministry
5. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting on 8 February 2013 arranged the first of its kind Live Twitter Conference. What was the theme of the conference?
a) Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference
b) Community Radio: Road Travelled & Way Forward
c) Climate Change and Sustainable Development Conference
d) Live Twitter Conference
Answer: (b) Community Radio: Road Travelled & Way Forward
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .