Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues, international events, and other information from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for July 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that the world is talking about. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. The Annual Plan Outlay for Kerala for the Year 2011-12 Finalised at __ Crores.
a) 12010 crores
b) 13010 crores
c) 11110 crores
d) 14010 crores
Answer: (a) 12010 crores
2. The Union Cabinet of India on 28 July 2011 approved the proposal for the enactment of a new legislation in the form of the Lokpal Bill, 2011. Consider the following statements regarding Lok Pal bill.
i) The Lokpal will consist of a Chairperson and 8 members. Half of the members shall be judicial members.
ii) The Chairperson would be from the judiciary and only a serving or retired Chief Justice of India or a Judge of the Supreme Court would be eligible for being appointed as Chairperson.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
a) Both i and ii are correct.
b) Only i is correct.
c) Only ii is correct.
d) Neither i nor ii is correct.
Answer: (a) Both i and ii are correct.
3. The Union Cabinet Approved National Social Security Fund for Unorganised Sectors. The fund is likely to benefit __crore workers in the unorganized sector.
Answer: (a) 43.3
4. The President of India, Pratibha Devisingh Patil on 21 July 2011 released a commemorative postage stamp on Vitthal Sakharam Page. Which of the following facts related to Page are not true?
1. His integrated Area Development Scheme for the integrated development of village areas and the amelioration of small land holders, traditional artisans and agricultural labourers.
2. His persuasion to the Maharashtra Government to implement Employment Guarantee Scheme on a pilot basis finally led to enactment of Employment Guarantee Act in the Maharashtra in 1970.
3. As Chairman of the Maharashtra Cottage Industries Board, he implemented the Employment Guarantee Scheme for rejuvenating the age-old traditional village industries.
4. He was elected to the Bombay Legislative Council successively in 1952 and 1954 and to the Maharashtra Legislative Council in 1960, 1966 and 1972.
a. Only 1
b. Only 3
c. 1 & 3
d. Only 4
5. Who did the Union government appoint on 23 July 2011 as the Solicitor-General, the second senior most law officer of India?
a. Fali S Nariman
b. Rohinton Nariman
c. Gopal Subramanium
d. Harish Salve
6. According to World Health Organization-sponsored study on Major Depressive Episode (MDE) published in the BMC Medicine journal what percentage of Indians suffer from what is called Major Depressive Episode (MDE)?
7. Two Indians -Nileema Mishra and Harish Hande were chosen Ramon Magsaysay Award for 2011.Which of the facts regarding them are false?
1. Harish Hande established the company SELCO India in Bangalore in 1995. His company provides affordable renewable energy services to poor villagers along with doorstep financing and services.
2. Harish Hande runs a solar electricity firm that has lit up over 125000 households to emerge as India's leading solar technology firm.
3. Nileema Mishra was recognized for her purpose-driven zeal to work tirelessly with villagers.
4. She founded the Farmer’s Association in Bahadarpur village of Madhya Pradesh which has a population of around 10000 to provide rotating interest- free loans to farmers.
a. 2 & 4
b. Only 1
c. Only 4
d. 1 & 3
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .