India Current Affairs Quiz July 2012, is comprised of the questions related to some of the most important developments over the past one week. The India Current Affairs Quiz will prove to be particularly helpful for the aspirants of various competitive exams.
1. Champion wrestler and cine actor Dara Singh passed away on 12 July 2012. Which facts about the concerned person is/are not true?
1. He was born on 19 November 1928 in Dharmoochak village of Amritsar in Punjab
2. He made his debut in Bollywood in 1967 with the film Saat Samundar Paar
3. He was conferred the Sher-e-Hind title by the government of India
4. He was also elected to Lok Sabha
a. Only 1
d. Only 2
2. Identify the person with the help of the following clues.
1. He won a by-election that was held for the Sitarganj assembly seat in Uttarakhand on 8 July 2012
2. He had taken oath as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand on 13 March 2012
3. He is the son of Hemwanti Nandan Bahuguna, the former Chief Minster of Uttar Pradesh
4. He is the first former high court judge to become a chief minister
a. Rajeev Bahuguna
b. Vijay Bahuguna
c. Harish Bahuguna
d. Harish Rawat
3. Name the person who took over as the new Chief Minister of Karnataka.
a. DV Sadananda Gowda
b. BS Yeddyurappa
c. Jagdeesh Shettar
d. None of the above
4. The Civil Aviation Ministry of India sacked EK Bharat Bhushan, the head of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, on 10 July 2012. Who was appointed as the temporary head of DGCA?
a) Prashant Sukul
b) Syed Nasim Ahmad Zaidi
c) Ramesh Khurana
d) Ambrish Tripathi
5. Which one of the following states decided to ban Gutka and Pan Masala on 11 July 2012
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section.