Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for June 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. As part of an effort to ensure timely and effective implementation of works proposed under the Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS), the Union Government decided to raise the amount to be released in the first instalment. What percentage of the project cost implemented by government agencies would now be released at the first instalment?
2. Union government decided to set up a high-powered task force to review the unfinished tasks and make further suggestions for implementation for the revamp of defence management in India. Who was chosen to head the 14 member task force?
a. Admiral (retd.) Arun Prakash
b. Former bureaucrat Naresh Chandra
c. Air Chief Marshal (retd.) S. Krishnaswamy
d. Former Union Home Secretary V.K. Duggal
3. Which state government on 21 June 2011 issued a notification to turn the Singur Land Rehabilitation and Development Bill into law following Governor M.K. Narayanan’s assent?
a. West Bengal
c. Andhra Pradesh
d. Madhya Pradesh
4. Union Government on 21 June 2011 announced the appointment of three independent directors, including former RBI Deputy Governor Usha Thorat, on board of which of the following PSUs thereby clearing the way for share sale of that PSU?
5. The Annual Plan for West Bengal for 2011-12 was finalised at what sum at a meeting between Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and State Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee?
a. Rs 22214 crore
b. Rs.17985 crore
c. Rs 36741 crore
d. Rs 21236 crore
6. National Advisory Council (NAC) directed the Tribal Affairs Ministry on 22 June 2011 to consult this tribe which is a primitive tribal group in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and are threatened with extinction, before drafting a policy on their future. Name the tribe.
a. Konda Kapus
c. Thengal Kachari
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .