The India Current Affairs quizzes for 11 June – 17 June are aimed at covering the wide range of national issues and other information related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. The India Current Affairs Quiz for June 2012 will update your information on the latest significant events that occured in India. The quizzes will also help you to prepare for various competitive examinations as well.
1. Identify the person with whom the following facts are related.
1. He is the national Vice-President of the People's Union for Civil Liberties
2. He has recently been awarded with the International Peace Award given by the Gandhi Foundation
3. He was detained by the Chhattisgadh government under Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act 2005 (CSPSA) and the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act 1967
4. He was granted bail on 25 May 2009 by a vacation bench of the Supreme Court comprising Justice Markandey Katju and Justice Deepak Verma
a. Bulu Imam
b. Binayak Sen
c. Seema Azad
d. Narayan Sanyal
2. Name the Indian human rights activists who were honoured with the International Peace Award given by the Gandhi Foundation at the House of Lords.?
a. Binayak Sen & Bulu Imam
b. Medha Patkar & Abahay Amte
c. Anna Hazare & Kiran Bedi
d. Arvind Kejariwal & Aruna Roy
3. The Supreme Court of India on 11 June 2012 upheld which one of the following high court’s ruling to quash 4.5 per cent sub-quota for minorities in central educational institutions?
a. Allahabad High Court
b. Karnataka High Court
c. Delhi High Court
d. Andhra Pradesh High Court
4. Name the BEML chairman and MD, who was suspended by the Union defence Ministry on 11 June 2012 to ensure fair investigation into the Tatra truck deal and other cases ?
a. G Madhavan Nair
b. Surendra Khanna
c. VRS Natarajan
d. Amit Barua
5. Identify the person, with whom the following statements are attached.
1. She was awarded the life imprisonment by Allahabad court on 8 June 2012
2. She was arrested in Allahabad on 6 February 2010 on charges of being members of the banned Communist Party of India (Maoist) and involved in unlawful activities
3. She was the Organizing Secretary of PUCL’s Uttar Pradesh unit
4. She was charged under Sections 121, 121A and 120B of IPC
a. Reema Kaushik
b. Geeta Basu
c. Seema Azad
d. Sunita Behra
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .