The India Current Affairs quizzes for 18 June – 24 June are aimed at covering the wide range of national issues and other information related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. The India Current Affairs Quiz for June 2012 will update your information on the latest significant events that occured in India. The quizzes will also help you to prepare for various competitive examinations as well.
1. Dipankar Mukherjee, National Secretary of Centre of Indian Trade Union (CITU), passed away on 18 June 2012 in New Delhi at the age of 69. Figure out which of the following facts related to Dipankar Mukherjee is not true?
1. He was born in June 1943 at Calcutta in West Bengal
2. He joined CITU as its full time member in 1991
3. He was elected to the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament, in April 1994 from West Bengal as a CPI(M) member
4. He was also the longest serving chairman of CITU
a. Only 3
b. 2 & 3
c. 3 & 4
d. Only 4
2. The Hyderabad bench of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) set aside the appointment of V. Dinesh Reddy as Director General of Police of Andhra Pradesh. What was the ground of Reddy’s removal as the state DGP?
d. none of the above
3. Which one of the following ministeries decided to defer its plan to digitalise cable TV services in metros by four months as they were found not to be ready for it?
a. Union Finance Ministry
b. Union Home Ministry
c. Union Science Ministry
d. Union Information & Technology Ministry
4. Name the person who was served the Enforcement Directorate notice to question him on charges of money laundering ?
a. Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy
b. A Raja
c. Suresh Kalmadi
d. Virbhadra Singh
5. Identify the person, with whom the following statements are attached.
1. He was appointed as the Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) on 19 June 2012
2. He earlier served as the Chief Executive of Nuclear Recycle Board of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
3. Basu was the Project Director of the Plutonium Recycling Project at Kalpakkam, which built India's first indigenous Pressurised Water Reactor
4. He joined BARC in 1974
a. Ratan Kumar Sinha
b. Shekher Basu
c. KS Sreekrishnan
d. Ramesh Kulkarni
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .