Following India Current Affairs quizzes are aimed at covering the wide range of national issues and other information related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. The India Current Affairs Quiz for June 2012 will update your information on the latest significant events that occured in India. The quizzes will also help you to prepare for various competitive examinations as well.
1. Pranab Mukherjee on 26 June 2012 resigned as the Union Finance Minister. A veteran Congress party leader, Mukherjee was appointed the Union Finance Minister on 24 January 2009, during the UPA I government and was reallocated the same portfolio following the victory of UPA in the 2009 general elections. Figure out which of the following developments did not take place during his tenure as the Union Finance Minister?
1. Union Finance Ministry announced a 0.3 per cent excise duty on unbranded jewellery
2. UPA government approved up to 51% foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail
3. Union Finance Ministry announced the general anti-avoidance rules (GAAR)
4. Indian Rupee witnessed its historic low against the US dollar
a. Only 3
b. 2 & 3
c. 3 & 4
d. All the above given facts are right
2. The Pakistan government on 28 June 2012, released Indian prisoner Surjeet Singh after he served life imprisonment in Pakistani Prison. Who is the other Indian citizen who has been languishing in Pakistani prison and was denied liberty by the Pakistani authorities on 26 June 2012?
a. Sarabjeet Singh
b. Swarnjeet Singh
c. Sarvajeet Singh
d. Amarjeet Singh
3. Union Minister Virbhadra Singh resigned on 26 July 2012 in the wake of a Himachal Pradesh court framing corruption charges against him. Which one of the following facts about Virbhadra Singh is not true?
1. He was the Union Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
2. He first became the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh in April 1983
3. He was elected to the Lok Sabha from Mandi constituency
4. Before joining Congress he was the member of BJP
a. Only 4
b. Only 2
c. Only 1
d. Only 3
4. Name the person who was appointed the new Commissioner of Delhi Police by the Union Home Ministry on 28 June 2012 ?
a. BK Gupta
b. Neeraj Kumar
c. Surendra Singh
d. CP Vergese
5. Identify the person, with whom the following statements are attached.
1. He was born on 1 September 1947, Meghalaya, India
2. He is a former Speaker of Lok Sabha and Chief Minister of Meghalaya
3. He is contesting the Presidential Elections 2012 as NDA candidate
4. He joined BARC Training School in 1974
a. Pawan Chamling
b. V Kishore Chandradeo
c. PA Sangma
d. D Raja
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .