The India Current Affairs quizzes for 4 June – 10 June are aimed at covering the wide range of national issues and other information related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. The India Current Affairs Quiz for June 2012 will update your information on the latest significant events that occured in India. The quizzes will also help you to prepare for various competitive examinations as well.
1. Identify the person with whom the following facts are related.
1. He was appointed the next Chief of the Indian Navy
2. He will succeed Admiral Nirmal Verma, who retires on 31 August 2012
3. He Commissioned in the Navy's executive branch in 1974
4. Presently he is the Western Naval Command chief of Indian Navy
a. Vice Admiral DK Joshi
b. Vice Admiral Bikram Singh
c. Vice Admiral Vishnu Kapoor
d. Vice Admiral Amar Pratap Singh
2. Name the Indian Army Officer whose ban was ban was lifted by Indian Army Chief General Bikram Singh?
a. Lt. General Dalbir Singh Suhag
b. Lt. General PS Thorrat
c. Lt. General Ranjeet Singh
d. Lt. General BK Singh
3. According to which international organisation’s report, India is listed among the top five countries across the world where a large number of children dies due to diseases like pneumonia and diarrhoea ?
c. World Bank
4. Name the Indian cricketer who was sworn in as the member of Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament on 4 June 2012 ?
a. MS Dhoni
b. Sachin Tendulkar
c. Sunil Gavaskar
d. Saurabh Ganguly
5. Identify the person, with whom the following statements are attached.
1. He was appointed the new Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) by President Pratibha Patil on 6 June 2012
2. He took charge as Election Commissioner on 21 April 2009
3. He was born at Vellore in Tamil Nadu on 16 January 1950
4. He is a 1973 batch IAS officer of the Andhra Pradesh cadre
a. Veeravalli Sundaram Sampath
b. H.S. Brahma
c. SY Qureishi
d. Shumsher Sheriff
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .