Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for April 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. India's advanced communication satellite was successfully launched into its geosynchronous transfer orbit by Arianespace's launch vehicle Ariane-5 from Kourou in French Guyana. Name the satellite.
2. (1) Renowned film critic, historian and a pioneer of the film society movement in India died on 22 May 2011.
(2) He is credited as one of the early pioneers who carved a space for serious film criticism in India and was given the lifetime achievement award at the Osian's Cinefan Film Festival in 2004.
(3) Dasgupta had also ventured into directing films and made seven films, including two feature films – Bilet Pherat and Amodini.
(4) He is the father of very talented and versatile actress Aparna Sen.
Identify the person with the following clues
a. Hari Sadhan Dasgupta
b. Chidananda Dasgupta
c. Derek Bose
d. Vinayak Chakravorty
3. India successfully test fired indigenously developed air-to-air interceptor missile with an 80 km range from Chandipur in Orissa first on 20 May and then again on 21 May 2011. The missile is one of the smallest missiles developed by the DRDO in terms of size and weight. Name the missile.
b. Prithvi Air Defence (PAD)
c. Advanced Air Defense Missile
4. Writer of the critically acclaimed film Bandit Queen, died of cancer at the Tata Memorial Hospital in Myumbai on 22 May 2011. Name the writer.
a. Mala Sen
b. Sagarika Ghose
c. Kamini Roy
d. Malathi Rao
5. A1974 batch IAS officer from the Uttar Pradesh cadre was on 23 May 2011 appointed the Cabinet Secretary of India. Name the person.
a. K M Chandrashekhar
b. Ajit Kumar Seth
c. Sumit Bose
d. Debasish Prusty
6. Name the first harmonium artiste to be awarded Padma Shri in India who died on 25 May 2011.
a. Ustad Mahmood Dholpuri
b. Girija Devi
c. Kishori Amonkar
d. Ustad Nasir Ahmad Khan
7. Madhya Pradesh state government on 23 May 2011 decided to form separate agriculture cabinet. Who is the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh?
a) Shivraj Singh Chauhan
b) Shivendra Singh Chauhan
c) Dorjee Khandu
d) Prithvi Raj Chauhan
Answer: (a) Shivraj Singh Chauhan
8. The Union government of India rejected the Karnataka Governor HR Bhardwaj’s recommendation to impose President’s rule in the state. Under which article of the Constitution of India, the President’s role is imposed upon any Indian state?
a) Article 356
b) Article 370
c) Article 56
d) Article 60
Answer: (a) Article 356
9. The Union Cabinet of India on 19 May 2011 gave approval for conducting the BPL (Below Poverty Line) census in rural and urban areas. Consider the following statements on BPL census.
i) The BPL census would be conducted by the Ministry of Rural Development in association with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and the Registrar General of India.
ii) The results of the BPL Census would be utilised in the 13th Five year Plan.
Choose the right option.
a) Both i and ii are correct.
b) Only i is correct.
c) Only ii is correct.
d) Neither i nor ii is correct.
Answer: (b) Only i is correct. The results of the BPL Census would be utilised in 12th Five year plan.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .