Following India Current Affairs quizzes are aimed at covering the wide range of national issues and other information related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. The India Current Affairs Quiz dated 28 May – 3 June will update your information on the latest significant events that occured in India. The quizzes will also help you to prepare for various competitive examinations as well.
1. Which one of the following High Courts on 28 May 2012 scrapped the Union Government's 4.5 per-cent quota for minorities, carved out of the 27 per cent reservation for the other backward classes (OBCs)?
a. Andhra Pradesh High Court
b. Allahabad High Court
c. Karnataka High Court
d. Patna High Court
2. The DRDO test-fired indigenously built ‘Akash' missile from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur on 28 May 2012. What kind of missile Akash is?
a. Surface-to-air missile
b. Air-to-surface missile
c. Surface-to-surface missile
d. Water-to-surface missile
3. The Union Cabinet on 31 May 2012 approved the National Telecom Policy (NTP) 2012. Which of the following facts are not related to the National Telecom Policy?
1. The policy also allows national number portability but with no visible timelines
2. NTP 2012 expects to take India's presently 39% rural teledensity to 70% in the next 5 years
3. The new policy will make roaming free of any charge
4. Spectrum pricing falls under the purview of new telecom policy
a. Only 1
b. 1 &4
d. Only 4
4. Army Chief General V.K. Singh, who led over the one-million-strong Indian Army for the past 26 months, retired on 20 May 2012. Figure out which one of the following fact is not correct about General V.K. Singh?
1. He became the Chief of Staff of the Army on 31 March 2010
2. He was commissioned into the Rajput regiment on 14 June 1970
3. He was the first Army Chief who moved to The Supreme Court of India against the Union Government
4. He raised the issue of shortages and deficiencies in the Army
d. All the facts are correct
5. Brahmeshwar Singh alias ‘Mukhiyaji,' the head of a dreaded private militia of upper caste landowners in Bihar, was shot dead on 1 June 2012. Name the group he was head of?
b. Ranvir Sena
c. People’s War Group
d. CPI( Maoist)
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .