You can read compilation of all the important topics and events of the week. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This Week.
• Lord Swraj Paul, leading NRI industrialist was conferred with the Life Time Achievement award for his outstanding contributions in various fields
• A parliamentary committee rejected proposal to allow 49% foreign direct investment in the insurance sector
• The book Non-Stop India by journalist-author Mark Tully was launched in Chennai by Editor-in-Chief of The Hindu
• A book titled The Official Journey to Makkah Opus was unveiled by Prince Turki Bin Faisal Al Saud of Saudi Arab at pre-launch function in New Delhi
• CRISIL Research released its report on profitability of textile companies
• The Sangita Kalanidhi M.S. Subbulakshmi Award was presented to Trichy Sankaran at the inauguration of the 85th annual conference of the Music Academy in Chennai
• SEBI directed intermediaries not to outsource their core business activities and compliance functions
• India paid tribute to its martyred soldiers on the 40th Anniversary of Vijay Diwas
• Reserve Bank of India left its policy rate unchanged at a three-year high of 8.5 per cent at its mid-quarter review.
• Union Home Minister P Chidambaram inaugurated new administrative block and training facilities exclusively designed for NSG’s Chennai hub
• Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) leader Ajit Singh was inducted into the Union Cabinet as civil aviation minister
• Poet Ram Nath Singh, popularly known as Adam Gondvi, breathed his last in Lucknow
• World renowned architect and Goa's son-of-the-soil Charles Correa was bestowed with Goa's highest civilian honour, the Gomant Vibhushan
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .