India this week helps student to understand the happenings in and around the country. For a better grasp of current affairs happening in India for the week refer to this category in Jagran Josh.com.
14 January 2013
• The Health Ministers of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) in January 2013 decided to set up a Technical Working Group (TWG)
• The Indian and Pakistani armies held Brigade Commander-level flag meeting at Chakan-Da-Bagh in Poonch district in Jammu and Kashmir
• Indian-origin Halimah Yacob (58) became the first woman and the 9th Speaker of the Singapore Parliament. She replaced Michael Palmer.
15 January 2013
• Manmohan Singh elected Kamal Nath, the Union Minister for Urban Development and Parliamentary Affairs, as a leader of Indian delegation for World Economic Forum 2013.
• Mahindra Satyam signed an agreement with the Japanese firm TechMatrix Corporation digging at business opportunities in the healthcare market.
• The Supreme Court of India ordered that constructing religious structures and statues on the public land was banned.
16 January 2013
• The Japanese automaker Toyota Kirloskar Motor launched a five-speed automatic version of the Fortuner SUV for 22.33 lakh rupees in the Indian Market.
• The Law Ministry approved 80 crore Rupees for recruiting 2000 additional judges in the country for the fast track courts.
17 January 2013
• Air India grounded all six Boeing 787 dreamliners after US federal agency asked its airlines to ground the Boeing 787 due to safety hazard.
• Saina Nehwal regained the number 2 position in the latest rankings released by the Badminton World Federation.
• Government Telecom Service Provider MTNL launched its video telephony service in Delhi and Mumbai
18 January 2013
• Online Marketplace Snapdeal.com tied up with Mahindra & Mahindra for selling of its two-wheelers to customers on the site.
• President’s Rule was imposed on Jharkhand after the Union Cabinet approved its imposition.
• SC on 18 January 2012 asked the Union Government to set-up a Special Court for trial of the Italian Marines. Duo is convicted of shooting two fishermen.
19 January 2013
• Online Marketplace Snapdeal.com on 18 January 2013 tied up with Mahindra & Mahindra for selling of its two-wheelers to customers on the site.
20 January 2013
• The Government of India has increased the import duty on platinum and gold from 4 percent to 6 percent.
• Thirty one endangered Black Bucks were devoured by the stray dogs on 19 January 2013 at Kanpur Zoo.
• Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on 20 Jan. 2013 inaugurated Ghat Ki Guni tunnel at Jaipur. The tunnel connects jaipur with NH-11.