You can read compilation of all the important topics and events of the week. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This Week.
• Conference of CMs on Internal Security held in New Delhi
• Reserve Bank of India (RBI) banned banks from charging a prepayment penalty on floating rate home loans
• Defence Ministry decided to set up three new committees to accelerate procurements and border infrastructure projects
• Reserve Bank of India (RBI) instructed commercial banks to reduce their exposure to gold loan companies to 7.5% of their capital funds from the existing 10%
• Veteran litterateur, freedom fighter and former Minister Nityananda Mohapatra died
• Union government decided to liberalise the external commercial borrowing (ECB) norms for the power sector
• As per the government data released, retail inflation shot up to 9.47% in March 2012 because of higher prices of milk, vegetables, protein-based items and edible oil products
• President Pratibha Patil released a commemorative postage stamp to mark the birth centenary of President R. Venkataraman at Rashtrapati Bhavan
• Union government approved Cairn India’s proposal to ramp up output at its Rajasthan block by 25000 barrels per day
• Commerce Secretary announced that India surpassed the export target of $300 billion for 2011-12. However, imports surged by 32.1 per cent to $488.6 billion thereby leaving the highest-ever trade deficit of $184.9 billion.
• Union government permitted companies engaged in the aviation sector to raise working capital resources through the external commercial borrowings (ECBs) route to the tune of $1 billion
• TRAI approved increase in processing fee for all mobile recharge coupons (top-up vouchers) priced above Rs 20
• TRAI issued a directive to all mobile phone operators in India making it mandatory for the operators to offer a per second billing option to customers
• The seventh Civil Services Day observed
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .