You can read compilation of all the important topics and events of the week. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This Week.
• As per the Wholesale Price Index, published by the government, reduced food prices caused the inflation to dip to a year low at 7.47% in December 2011.
• Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) proposed a fee of Rs.20 crore for a national-level unified licence under the new regime
• The Pioneer’s J Gopikrishnan and CNBC-TV18’s Udayan Mukherjee were adjudged Journalist of the Year at the 5th Ramnath Goenka Awards for Excellence in Journalism
• Himachal Tourism Department signed a pact with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation for managing its establishments in the hill State
• The 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda commemorated under the directions of a National Committee Implementation Committee chaired by Hon’ble Finance Minister
• Anthony Prabhu Gonsalves, India's first music 'arranger died
• As per data released by the government, cheaper food items pulled down the Consumer Price Index (CPI) by 0.44 per cent month-on-month in December 2011
• India was ranked the sixth most innovative country in the world in multinational conglomerate GE's second Annual Global Innovation Barometer
• Siddharth Varadarajan succeeded N. Ram as Editor of The Hindu
• Harish Khare resigned as media advisor to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
• Senior television journalist Pankaj Pachauri as was appointed as Communication Advisor in the Prime Minister’s Office
• Vice-President Hamid Ansari inaugurated the 16th Convocation of of National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences at Bangalore
• Singapore-based Sri Lankan author Shehan Karunatilaka was awarded the DSC Prize for South Asia Literature 2012, at the Jaipur Literature Festival
• Retired High Court judge Justice Chandrashekaraiah was sworn in as the second Upa Lokayukta of Karnataka
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .