You can read compilation of all the important topics and events of the week. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This Week.
• Vice President and Rajya Sabha Chairman M Hamid Ansari released two books Expression of Thoughts (English) & Izhar-e-Khayal (Urdu) authored by K.Rahman Khan, Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha
• India's leading commodity bourse the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) became the world's fifth-largest commodity futures exchange
• KV Varadaraj, one of the few Indian footballers who played in two Olympics in 1948 and 1952, passed away in Bangalore
• India striker Sunil Chhetri was voted Player of the Year by the All India Football Federation
• India's top nuclear scientist PK Iyengar who designed India’s first atomic bomb passed away at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) hospital in Trombay
• Credit rating agency Moody's upgraded the credit rating of the Indian government's bonds from the speculative to investment grade
• Twenty-two writers were selected for the prestigious Sahitya Akademi awards for2011.
• Jamil Ahmad was declared the winner of the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize for his book The Wandering Falcon at the British Council in New Delhi
• Former Indian Test (medium-pace) cricketer Vasant Ranjane passed away in Pune
• India's telecom ministry informed mobile phone operators that they must scrap illegal mutual roaming agreements that allow them to provide seamless nationwide 3G services
• Mumbai skipper Wasim Jaffer overtook former teammate Amol Muzumdar (8237 runs) as the highest run-getter in Ranji Trophy
• Department of Posts released India Post 2012 Calendar based on the theme of sculptural heritage of India
• 41st Foundation Day of Bureau of Police Research and Development celebrated
• Union Minister for Human Resource Development Kapil Sibal dedicated the Malappuram (Kerala)off-campus of the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) to the nation
• Theatre director, screenplay writer and actor Satyadev Dubey, credited with introducing existential and absurd theatre, passed away
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .