A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update you Current Affairs Weekly with our India This week.
• Karnataka Lokayukta Justice Shivaraj Virupanna Patil resigned from his post over charges of violating co-operative housing society laws
• Union government announced its approval to 12 foreign direct investment (FDI) proposals worth Rs.242.88 crore in foreign exchange.
• Kochi Tuskers' contract was terminated Board of Control for Cricket in India for non-payment of annual paymentm of Rs Rs 156 crore
• Delhi Government Announced Free Housing for Schedule Caste living in Jhuggis.
• Union government extended the terms of reference of Nilekani task force on direct transfer of subsidies to include an Aadhaar-enabled unified payment infrastructure.
• Union governemnt lifted the ban on export of onions.
• Former presiding officer of the Securities Appellate Tribunal C Achuthan passed away
• Hindi authors Amar Kant & Shrilal Shukla was chosen for Jnanpith Award for 2009, while renowned Kannada litterateur Chandrasekhar Kambar won it for 2010
• The National Commission of Women (NSW) submitted its final report to the Union Ministry of State for Women and Child Development on Bhatta-Parsaul
• Goa became the First Indian State to Launch Health Insurance Policy Covering all its People
• Union government constituted an inter-ministerial team to visit the areas affected by the 6.8 magnitude earthquakethat occurred on 18 September 2011.
• Coal Ministry approved, in principle, the allotment of five coal blocks to four thermal power plants of NTPC.
• National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL) put online one million pages of writings by Urdu writers.
• A new frog species was discovered in Arunachal Pradesh.
• Rupee plunged by 124 paise to close at nearly two-and-a-half year low of 49.57/58 against the dollar.
• Reserve Bank of India (RBI) directed banks to implement various safety measures related to credit card and debit card usage.
• Former Indian cricket captain Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi nicknamed Tiger Pataudi died in New Delhi
• The Government made it Mandatory for Shops to Display the Pictorial Warning on all Tobacco related Products.
• Nuclear-capable surface-to-surface medium range missile, Shaurya, successfully test-fired from Chandipur-on-sea off the Orissa coast.
• Uttarakhand State Cabinet Cleared the Draft for Public Service Bill.
• India’s Deepika Kumari settled for a silver in the tie-breaker of the women’s individual recurve summit clash at the World Cup archery finals in Istanbul.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .