You can read compilation of all the important topics and events of the week. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This Week.
• Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) on its Foundation Day presented the CSIR Young Scientist Awards 2011 & the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology.
• Of a Certain Age: Twenty Life Sketches penned by former West Bengal governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi released.
• Union Government reconstituted the National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council (NMCC) under the chairmanship of V. Krishnamurthy.
• Surface to surface strategic PRITHVI (P-II) Missile developed by DRDO was successfully flight tested.
• India Post Signed MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) with National Stock Exchange for financial awareness.
• Assam Government launched an initiative to benefit construction workers.
• Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) legislator and veteran party leader Teklal Mahato died
• finance ministry released the draft national public-private partnership (PPP) policy.
• The Gujarat Assembly Passed the Bill to Check Cow Slaughter in Gujarat.
• Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) got an approval to set up an exchange for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) from SEBI.
• Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) conferred the Rajiv Gandhi International Prize for Technology in Education and Development on the Azim Premji Foundation.
• Leading Punjabi playwright and theatre personality Gursharan Singh popularly known as bhajji died. Uttar Pradesh government announced the creation of three more districts.
• The Calcutta High Court held the Singur Act constitutional and valid.
• National Commission for Safai Karamcharis Presented Tenth Annual Report to Government.
• Boeing's first long-range maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft P-8I for the Indian Navy completed its initial flight in Seattle.
• Salgaocar defeated East Bengal 3-1 in the final of the 33rd Federation Cup at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata.
• PMEAC lowered its forecast for GDP growth to around 8 per cent in 2011-12, from its earlier estimate of 8.2 per cent.
• France Identified the Cities of Bhopal and Maheshwar in Madhya Pradesh for Conservation of their Rich Heritages.
• Union government increased the foreign direct investment limit for FM radio from 20 per cent to 26 per cent
• Supreme Court of India allowed the export of more than one million tons of controversial insecticide Endosulfan.
• For the first time in India, the genome and coding parts of neem plant was Sequenced and Analysed.
• The Assam Government Launched the Social Auditing Programme of Gram Panchayats on 2 October 2011.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .