You can read compilation of all the important topics and events of the week. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This Week.
• As per the quarterly public debt management report released by the Finance Ministry, the Indian government's internal debt rose during the second quarter (July-September) of 2011-12
• Union government asserted that 30 per cent sourcing under FDI in multi-brand retail has been made mandatory from Indian MSEs only.
• Calcutta Stock Exchange (CSE) launched operations on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) platform.
• Eminent Assamese litterateur and Jnanpith award winner, Indira Goswami, popularly known as Mamoni Raisom Goswami passed away
• Union Labour and Employment Minister Mallikarjun Kharge presented the Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar and National Safety awards for the performance year 2009
• The government’s three oil marketing companies (OMCs) on 29 November 2011 cut petrol prices by Rs 0.78 per litre
• According to the UNAIDS report released by WHO, India houses half of Asia's HIV patients
• As per the the data released by the government, GDP growth in the first half (April-September) of financial year 2011-12 moderated to 7.3% from 8.6%in the first six months of 2010-11
• Karnataka State government decided to confer the prestigious Basava Sri Award for the year 2010 on noted environment activist Medha Patkar
• SAIL chairman C.S. Verma was conferred CEO of the Year award under public sector category by Minister of State for Road Transport Tushar Chaudhary
• RBI approved the creation of a separate category of non-banking financial companies for the microfinance institution (MFI) sector
• SEBIput forth the regulations for uniform Know Your Client KYC Registration Agency (KRA)
• Icon of Indian cinema and evergreen actor Dev Anand died in London
• Columbian Film 'PORFIRIO' bags Golden Peacock Award in Goa International Film Festival
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .