You can read compilation of all the important topics and events of the week. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This Week.
• Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DoT) transferred indigenously-developed Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) technology to seven telecom equipment manufacturers.
• Empowered Committee in its meeting decided to send two technical members to inspect the Mullaperiyar dam before finalising its report.
• Coal Ministry turned down Coal India’s (CIL) plea for scaling down current fiscal 2011-12 ‘s output target to 448 million tonnes (MT) from 452 MT.
• Former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam presented the Justice P.N. Bhagwati Award to O.P. Jindal Global University chancellor and managing director of Jindal Steel and Power Ltd, Naveen Jindal.
• Delhi Metro Rail Corporation(DMRC) won the best Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) project award.
• India’s largest private lender by assets, ICICI Bank and IDBI Bank, the seventh largest public sector bank in India together launched India’s first credit default swap (CDS).
• As per the governement data released, food inflation dropped to almost a three-and-a-half-year-low of 6.6% for the week ended 26 November 2011.
• Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, Vinod Rai was elected chairman of the United Nations panel of external auditors.
• ICSI Foundation Day celebrated with the theme Game Changer for Corporate India: 2020.
• Green Film Festival that had Biodiversity Conservation as theme concluded in New Delhi.
• India won its 6th SAFF Championship title against the newcomer, Afghanistan.
• World renowned cartoonist, Mario Miranda died in Goa.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .