A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update you Current Affairs Weekly with our India This week.
8 August 2011
• Foreign Direct Investment into India Grew to 5.65 Billion US Dollar in June 2011.
9 August 2011
• The Government Set up NATGRID to Access all Intelligence Data.
• Union government accorded a two-year extension to Reserve Bank of India Governor D. Subbarao beyond his term ending September 2011.
• Union government permitted a new category of qualified foreign investors (QFIs) to invest up to $13 billion in equity and debt schemes of mutual funds.
10 August 2011
• Reserve Bank of India panel to review facilities for individuals under FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act) submitted report.
• Supreme Court upheld the death sentence for Mohammad Arif alias Ashfaq in connection with the 2000 Red Fort attack case.
• Padinjarethalakal Cherian Alexander, a former IAS officer who served as principal Secretary to two Prime Ministers- Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi died.
• Veteran journalist and advertising professional, R. Narasimhan, passed away.
• Gold Prices Set an All Time Record of 25230 Rupees per 10 grams.
11 August 2011
• Rajasthan Agriculture Minister Harjiram Burdak flagged off the first-ever consignment of certified organic food to be exported from Rajasthan to the United States.
• UP Government banned the release of Hindi film Arakshan.
12 August 2011
• Hindustan Motors Ltd. launched Small Commercial Vehicle Veer.
13 August 2011
• The Maltese flagged ship, MV Sinin hijacked by Somalian Pirates was rescued.
14 August 2011
• Veteran actor and leading star of Bollywood of the 1960s, Shammi Kapoor died
• Hindi Cinema's flamboyant and versatile actor Shammi Kapoor died.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .