You can read compilation of all the important topics and events of the week. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This Week.
9 April 2012
• Top Indian squash player Saurav Ghosal won a 3-2 victory over Robbie Temple of England at the $120000 El Gouna International Open in El Gouna, Egypt
• NABARD declared its intent to double its concessional lending towards building new warehouses for food grain storage to Rs. 500 crore in Punjab
10 April 2012
• Consolidated Foreign Direct Investment Policy Document released by the Commerce and Industry Ministry changed the norms for both NBFCs and foreign institutional investors (FIIs)
• Former Tamil Nadu State secretary of the CPI(M) and three-time MLA, N. Varadarajan, died in Chennai
11 April 2012
• ADB in its flagship annual publication Asian Development Outlook (ADO) projected moderate increase in growth rate for India to 7 percent in 2012-13
• Union government made it mandatory for individuals with income above Rs 10 lakh to file their tax returns 2011-12 onwards electronically
12 April 2012
• Union government approved Rs 30000 crore bailout for Air India.
• Union Cabinet approved the extension of funding support for implementing the Swavalamban Scheme under the New Pension System (NPS) from three years to five years
• Union Cabinet approved Public Procurement Bill, 2012 which aims at regulating public procurement of above Rs 50 lakh and provides fair treatment to bidders
13 April 2012
• Two-member Adarsh Judicial Commission set up by the Maharashtra Government to probe into the scam-tainted Adarsh Housing Society submitted its interim report to the state Government
• Samajwadi Party MLA from Itwa in Sidhhartnagar district Mata Prasad Pandey was unanimously elected Speaker of the 16th Uttar Pradesh Assembly
14 April 2012
• The Union Government of India sought its partnership in setting up the Bharat Rural Livelihood Foundation (BRLF)
15 April 2012
• The Rajasthan Government decided to provide electricity connections in remote desert areas through solar power plants
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .