You can read compilation of all the important topics and events of the week. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our India This Week.
• Six researchers from five science streams were honoured with the Infosys Prize-2011 by the former President, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in Bangalore
• As per the Forward Markets Commission data, turnover of the 21 commodity exchanges in India increased by 66% to Rs 137.22 lakh crore till December 2011 in the current fiscal (2011-12)
• Finance Ministry announced that rating agency Moody’s upgraded the short-term country ceiling on foreign currency bank deposit increasing from NP (not prime) to Prime (P-3)
• As per the tax collection data for the April-December 2011 period was released by Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), indirect tax collections increased 16.1% during April-December 2011
• Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) notified the rules allowing 100% foreign direct investment (FDI) in single-brand retail
• The 15th World Sanskrit conference jointly organised by Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan and International Asociation of Sanskrit Studies jointly concluded at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi
• PMO directed cash-rich public sector undertakings (PSUs) to invest around Rs.1.76 lakh crore, including Rs.1.41 lakh crore domestically to act as a stimulus in the next fiscal 2012-13.
• DGFT notified that the Commerce Ministry lowered the minimum export price of onions by $100 a tonne to $150 a tonne to boost exports
• Special life-time achievement award, in memory of G.V. Raja, the founder-president of the Kerala State Sports Council is to be instituted
• Kerala men defeated Uttarakhand to win the National title for the fourth time, in the 60th senior National volleyball championship
• Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee launched the signature tune of the Indian Customs Pragati ki Dhadkan in New Delhi
• Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure approved implementation of the project of four laning of Kiratpur – Ner Chowk section on NH 21 in Himachal Pradesh under NHDP Phase
• Market regulator SEBI unveiled rules for direct investment in stocks by foreign investors, including individuals
• India extended for five years anti-dumping duty on import of four Chinese products in the face of widening trade gap with China
• RBI issued guidelines on compensation of wholetime directors, chief executive officers and other risk takers in private and foreign banks
• Workshop on Climate Change Financing was inaugurated by R.Gopalan, Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance
• India’s first woman photo-journalist Homai Vyarawala died in Vadodara, Gujarat
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .