Indian Army JAG Recruitment 2021: Indian Army has started the online application process for JAG Entry Scheme 28th Course for Men & Women Law Graduates (Scheduled in April 2022) on its website from 29 September 2021 onwards. The unmarried male and unmarried female law graduates can submit their applications for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Branch at joinindianarmy.nic.in. The link to the online application will be activated till 28 October 2021. This drive is being done to recruit 7 vacancies out of which 5 vacancies are for Men and 2 are for women.
The candidates can check more details such as age limit, qualification, experience, selection process, salary and application process are given below.
Indian Army JAG Online Application Link - activated
- Commencement of submission of online application for Indian Army JAG: 29 September 2021
- Last date for submission of online application for Indian Army JAG: 28 October 2021
Indian Army JAG Vacancy Details
- Vacancies -7
Men - 5 Posts
Women - 2 Posts
Indian Army JAG Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification: The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination). The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with the Bar Council of India/State. The candidate should be from a College/University recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Indian Army JAG Age Limit: 21 to 27 years (There will be age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per government norms)
Tenure of Engagement - Short Service Commission will be granted to Male and females in the Regular Army for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years.
Probation Period: An officer will be on probation for a period of 6 months from the date he/she receives his/her commission.
Training: The duration of training is 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai.
Training Coast - The entire cost of training at OTA is at Government expense. In case the Lady/Gentleman cadet is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his/her control,
he/she will be liable to refund the cost of training @ ₹ 12,908/- per week till 30 Jun 2021, thereafter a yearly escalation of 8% p.a. will be calculated on the Per Capita Cost of Training for each ensuing year (or as notified from time to time) apart from allied charges as fixed by the government from time to time, for the period of his/her stay at OTA, Chennai.
Indian Army JAG 28th Entry 2021 Selection Criteria
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of shortlisting of applications, medical exams and SSB interviews.
How to Apply for Indian Army JAG 2021?
- Eligible and interested candidates can apply on the official website by clicking on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered).
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard.
- A page ‘Officers Selection - ‘Eligibility’ will open.
- Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission JAG Entry Course.
- A page ‘Application Form’ will open.
- Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill in details as required under various segments
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- The last date of the application submission is 28 October 2021.