Indian Bank was established on 15 August 1907 as part of the Swadeshi movement and is headquartered in Chennai. The bank has 1932 CBS branches along with 240 Overseas Correspondent banks in 70 countries. It invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment to the 86 specialist officer post mentioned below.
Name of the Post for recruitment of Specialist Officer in Indian Bank
- Officer MMG Scale IV: 3 vacancies
- Officer MMG Scale III: 21 vacancies
- Officer MMG Scale II: 40 vacancies
- Officer JMG Scale I: 21 vacancies
Important Dates for recruitment of Specialist Officer in Indian Bank
- Opening date for online registration: 29 March 2012
- Closing date for online registration (for all applicants): 18 April 2012
- Last date to modify online application: 20 April 2012
- Last date for receipt of printout along with requisite enclosures at the prescribed address: 25 April 2012
- Last date for receipt of printout along with requisite enclosures at the prescribed address (from remote areas): 2 May 2012
Eligibility Criteria for recruitment of Specialist Officer in Indian Bank
- Officer MMG Scale IV: Maximum 40 years
- Officer MMG Scale III: Maximum 35 years
- Officer MMG Scale II: Maximum 32 years
- Officer JMG Scale I: Maximum 30 years
- Officer MMG Scale IV: 30600- 900/4 - 34200 - 1000/2 - 36200
- Officer MMG Scale III: 25700 - 800/5 - 29700 - 900/2 - 31500
- Officer MMG Scale II: 19400 - 700/1 - 20100 - 800/10 - 28100
- Officer JMG Scale I: 14500 - 600/7 - 18700 - 700/2 - 20100 -800/7 - 25700
Selection Procedure for recruitment of Specialist Officer in Indian Bank: Depending upon the number of candidates applied for, the Bank may opt for
- Only Interview
- Written Test and/ or Group Discussion and/ or Interview
- Written Test and/or Interview
- Group Discussion and/ or Interview
The final selection would be on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and/ or Interview and/or Group Discussion and strictly in the order of Merit.
How to Apply for recruitment of Specialist Officer in Indian Bank
Candidates are required to apply online only through website http://www.indianbank.in
Application Fee: Application Fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs 400 and only intimation charge of Rs 50 will be charged from SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
The challan for payment of fees (in duplicate) will be made available on the Bank's website. The application fee must be paid in cash, separately for each post at any branch of Indian Bank using this challan.
After applying Online, candidates should take two (2) Print-Outs of the duly filled in Computerised System Generated Application Form. The original receipt should be retained and produced at the time of Written Examination, Interview and/or Group Discussion.
The System Generated Print-out of the Registered Application, duly completed in all respects along with the original fee payment challan, and attested copies of the prescribed documents mentioned in the notification should be sent by ORDINARY POST only in a cover super scribed "Print-out of the Application for the post of _______ Post Code __ in Indian Bank" to the following address
Asst. General Manager (HRM),
254 - 260, Avvai Shanmugam Salai,
Royapettah, Chennai 600 014
For more details, please Click Here