Jawaharlal Nehru University was established by an act of parliament in 1969 and is mainly a research oriented postgraduate university. It has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission to its various schools.
Schools of Study in Jawaharlal Nehru University
- School of International Studies
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Environmental Sciences
- school of Computer and Systems Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Arts & Aesthetics
- School of Computational And Integrative Sciences
- School of Biotechnology
- Centre for Sanskrit Studies
- Centre for Molecular Medicine
- Centre for The Study of Law and Governance
Category ‘B': Direct Admission to PhD Programme
Category ‘C': Admission of JRF Holders to M Phil/ PhD and Pre- PhD/ PhD Programme in science schools
Category ‘D': Part-Time Programmes
Important Dates for admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Start of Online/ Offline Application Process: 6 February 2012
- Closing of Online/ Offline Application Process: 21 March 2012 till 5 pm
- Last date for submission of confirmation page of online Application Form: 28 March 2012
- Dates for Entrance Examination: 22 May 2012 to 25 May 2012
Selection Procedure: Candidates will be selected on the basis of Entrance Examination 2012
How to Apply for admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University: Candidates seeking admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University can apply either "Online" or "Offline"
Online Application: Candidates can apply Online on payment of prescribed fee if they have access to a computer, a printer, and Internet by logging on to JNU website http://www.jnu.ac.in/ or http://www.jnuonline.in/
Offline Application: Set of Application Form and Prospectus can be obtained through Post by sending crossed Bank Draft for Rs 300 drawn in favour of ‘Jawaharlal Nehru University' payable at NEW DELHI along with a self addressed (unstamped) envelope of the minimum size of 30 cms x 25 cms clearly indicating the programme of study for which the Application Form is required on the self-addressed envelope to The Section Officer (Admissions), Room No. 28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067.
Candidates seeking a set of Application Form and Prospectus from Nepal are required to send a Demand Draft of Rs 400 or equivalent in US Dollars. Money Orders and Cheques are not accepted.
BPL card holders will be issued a set of application form & prospectus free of cost on submission of a copy of the BPL card issued by the competent authority showing their name in the card.
Please Note: There is a different Application Form for each Category i.e. Category ‘A' and Category ‘D' (Admission through Entrance Examination), Category ‘B' (Direct Admission to PhD programmes), and Category ‘C' (Admission of JRF holders).
Candidates should therefore clearly indicate on the self addressed envelope, the Category for which the Application Form is required by them.
For more information on admission in Jawaharlal Nehru University, please CLICK HERE