JEE Mains 2022: National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains every year. As per the data provided by NTA, in 2021 a total of 939008 candidates have appeared for the exam in all four sessions. Out of the total candidates, 481419 applicants appeared for the JEE Main session 4 exam. The competition is getting tough each year. To crack the JEE Main exam, candidates must have determination, dedication and the right approach. This engineering entrance exam is undoubtedly one of the toughest entrance exams and to crack it and candidates must have a proper plan to pass with flying colours. However, not everyone can afford private coaching, therefore, the government has started some free coaching institutes that meritorious candidates can opt for any of the institutes to crack one of the toughest national-level entrances.
JEE Main 2022: State-Wise List of Free Government-Run Coaching Institutes
- Rajasthan: The state government offers the Mukhyamantri Anuprati Coaching Yojana scheme. It provides free coaching assistance to the JEE Main aspirants. Candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC, EWS or those whose family's annual income is less than Rs.8 lakh can avail of the benefit. Students are selected based on their class 12th and 10th marks. Those who do not have resources or belong to socially backward communities are given preference under this scheme. Students are also given scholarships for food and hostel fee. In Rajasthan, a total of 17 coaching institutes have been selected to offer free coaching classes for various competitive exams under this scheme. As per media reports, nearly, 10,000 aspirants will be trained.
- Delhi Government Coaching Institutes: The government of Delhi has launched the free coaching scheme known as ‘Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana’ for students preparing for JEE Main. Those from underprivileged backgrounds including Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and other backward classes (OBC) can apply for admission to these institutes. Only those candidates, whose annual family income is under Rs 8 lakh are eligible to avail of this facility. Delhi government has tied up with 46 private coaching institutes that offer courses for several competitive exams. Further, the students will be given Rs 2,500 per month as a stipend to cover their travel or stationary expenses.
- Odisha: As per reports, the state government will provide free training to meritorious students of mining-affected areas in the Sundargarh district. For this, three coaching centres have been established at Rourkela, Sundargarh, and Rajgangpur. The coaching classes prepare students for national-level entrance exams like engineering, medical, law, etc. Those from tribal areas and underprivileged families will be selected based on merit.
- Uttar Pradesh: The state government provides free coaching for JEE Main aspirants. Students from rural areas and poor families with less income can apply for the abdyuday yojna for rural students programme, however, selection is done based on online exam. Also, limited seats are offered based on merit. To avail of the free coaching, students need to register at Abhyuday.up.gov.in.
- Haryana: The state government provides free coaching classes for class 10th and 12th students of government schools for various entrances including JEE Mains, NEET, etc. The coaching is being provided by Vikalp Foundation in Rewari. The scheme is called ‘Super 100’, provides free coaching to meritorious students of state-run schools for NEET and JEE. Not just Mains, if the students are eligible, the scheme also offers coaching for Advanced. A total of 26 students trained under the scheme had bagged a seat each in IITs. Those obtaining at least 80% marks in class 10th are eligible to apply for this scheme. They are selected based on several exams including written and interview.