The Jawaharlal Nehru University invited applications from candidates to apply directly to Ph.D.
programme either on the basis of viva-voce or on the written examination
and viva-voce, as may be decided both in Monsoon and Winter
Semesters in various areas of research.
Candidates can be admitted in the various areas of research of the following:-
(1) School of International Studies
(2) School of Social Sciences
(3) School of Language,Literature and Culture Studies
(4) School of Computer & Systems Sciences
(5) School of Physical Sciences
(6) School of Environmental Sciences
(7) School of Life Sciences
(8) School of Arts and Aesthetics
(9) School of Computational and Integrative Sciences
(10) School of Biotechnology
(11) Centre for the Study of Law & Governance
(12)Centre for Molecular Medicine
(13) Centre for Sanskrit Studies.
Candidates must note that they must check the availability of seats in each Centre/ School before applying for admission in Winter Semester.
Last Date of Receiving Application : 15 January 2013
Eligibility: Candidates are requested to refer to the eligibility requirements
for direct admission to Ph.D. programme for each School/Special Centre
in the "Instructions for completing the Application Form" which are
available on JNU website along with this Application Form.
How to Apply:
Application Forms along with eligibility requirements and Instructions
for completing the Application Form can be downloaded from the official website
of the University and submitted to the Section Officer
(Admissions), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi - 110067 duly
filled in all respects enclosing therewith the required documents and a
Demand Draft of the required amount drawn in favour of "Jawaharlal
Nehru University" payable at New Delhi as detailed in the Instructions
for completing the Application Form.