State Bank of India has recently advertised about the recruitment of over 17000 Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales) and Junior Agriculture Associates, for its branches over the country. Though the name of the post is kept as SBI Junior Associates, it is basically a clerical post offered by the bank for its vacant seats in various branches over the nation. The Junior Associates would be selected formally after conducting prelims and mains written examination, by the concerned authority. The final selection would be made on the basis of performance in the mains written test and personal interview round conducted by the recruitment body. The SBI clerk post is getting offered after almost two years and thus huge number of candidates is expected to take part in the examination. Though, the candidates opting for the post must be aware of the duties and responsibilities of the post along with the overall prospect of growth and remuneration attached with the job, before joining as one in the bank. This article would provide an insight on the work profile of the SBI Junior Associates.
Duties and Responsibilities of SBI Junior Associates
The SBI Junior Associates would have to conduct the clerical cadre job in the bank and their job would be concerned more to the customer support and helping sales of the banks to reach high. It is important to have a clear knowledge of the possible work that the organization is expecting from the candidates before they apply for the post.
• The SBI Junior Associates, as any other clerical cadre candidates have to do, need to deal with customers and should answer their query through their designated counters in the bank.
• The Junior Associates would often have to act as cashiers in the single windows of the bank. They would have to handle the deposit and withdrawal counters by keeping a close eye on the other customer activities in the bank at any given business day.
• Junior Associates would not only act as customer support entities in the bank but would be able to accept payments, sanction various withdrawals submitted by the customers. They need to verify cheques by tallying the signature of the candidates in their database and issue bank drafts on daily basis. They would have to offer other banking services to the customers, as and when required.
• The candidates appointed as junior associates would often have to help in the work related to back-office as well, to help out their seniors. They need to maintain ledger and balance sheet of the daily business conducted by the bank.
• Though the job profile is mostly desk based, the junior associates might have to take tour of fields and interact with potential customers on a regular basis. They need to take up the financial products offered by the bank, approach for loans and schemes offered by the bank to its customers.
Salary of SBI Junior Associates
The State Bank of India, which is the premiere banking organization in the country and the largest public sector bank, offers a salary higher than any other public sector bank in the country. Whether it is a clerical post or of a probationary officer or managerial post, the salary and compensation package always remain higher for the people working in SBI. The basic salary along with the pay perks makes the salary of SBI employees higher than any of the other public sector banks. The pay perks offered in metro and other cities often makes a significant difference in the salary. The candidates posted in Metro cities would get an initial salary of Rs. 20950/- and those living in class Y cities would be offered Rs. 20000/-.
The candidates, after getting selected for the posts of Junior Associates in SBI, would have to undergo a probation period of six months. In this period the candidates would be trained to work on the module of the bank by providing them e-lessons and classes arranged. The performance of the candidates during the probation period would be measured and those who fail to perform well would have to undergo further probation under the bank.
Transfer and Promotion Policy
• The candidates who would get posted as Junior Associates could expect an early promotion within 2 to 3 years.
• The transfer norms for women, whether they are married or unmarried, are quite relaxed and are done quickly. The bank gives proper heed to the requirement of the candidates and allows them to take transfers once they have served the requisite period in the bank.
• The promotion prospect for the Junior Associates is also quite bright. Within the span of five years, they can scale up to the officer level in the bank by giving internal bank examinations.
• Depending on their performance, they can further climb up the ladder and reach the bank manager post soon, handling a branch on their own.