Attempting a descriptive paper can be a challenge for many students as it tests their Hindi or English Writing Skills. So we have come up with the best last minute tips which will help you in clearing the SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam with flying colors.
SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam is going to be conducted on 15th July 2018. It will be a descriptive paper and will be conducted in “Pen & Paper Mode” mode. Let’s look at the exam pattern of Tier-II exam in brief:
Word Limit (Approximately)
200 - 250
(1 hour 20 Minutes for PWD candidates)
150 - 200
Points to Remember:
- The minimum qualifying marks for the descriptive paper will be 33%.
- The marks of the descriptive paper will be included with Tier I exam to decide the merit list of successful candidates.
So let’s look at those important last minute tips that will surely help you in cracking SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam:
- Use proper structure for your story: Your essay should start with an introduction that should provide a brief overview of the points you'll be discussing in greater detail within the body of the essay. The main body of the essay should consist of some paragraphs. The number of paragraphs will depend on how many points you have to make or topics you need to cover. There should be a paragraph or two for each of the points mentioned in your introduction. Your essay should end with a strong conclusion. The conclusion should be a short paragraph that re-iterates your main points.
- Memorize proper formats of Letter writing: Try to memorize the format of both formal and informal letter writing. The main challenge in letter writing is that you have to address your issues or convey your information in a few words. So memorize the basic formats of letters to save the time and achieve the precision. A letter has some basic parts:
- Address Heading – Writer’s Full Address
- Inside Address – Recipient Full Name and Address
- Greeting – Dear [name of recipient]
- Subject Line – Main subject of the letter
- Closing (“Yours truly”, “Sincerely”, “Regards”, ‘Yours faithfully’)
- Write good introduction: Writing good introduction will help you to grab the examiner’s attention. The examiner will then be curious to read your whole story which will eventually lead you to good marks.
- Revise Statistics and Facts: This technique will help you to write good and meaningful essays in less time. Providing good facts statistics in the essay will provide strength to your story.
- Try to be precise and stick to the word limit: Avoid long sentences and try to be precise in your writing. Long sentence makes it difficult to engage the examiner. Also, avoid useless facts and do not exaggerate any point. Try to write small paragraphs, which is easy to read.
- Revise the important topics: We have listed down some important letter and essay topics for you which will help you in your last minute preparation:
- GST and its long-term effects
- Demonetization – Failure or Success
- Swacch Bharat Abhiyaan
- Is India a safe place for women?
- Beti Bachao Beti Badhao Abhiyaan
- The Seventh Pay Commission
- Digital India
- Benefits of Sustainable Development
- Agricultural Development in India
- Right to Equality or Right to Information
Formal Letter Topics
- Complain letter regarding increasing noise pollution in your locality.
- Complain letter regarding trouble faced by common people due to demonetisation.
- Complain letter mentioning chaotic state of traffic near your locality.
- Letter to present views on Women empowerment.
- Write a letter to the Municipal Officer demanding a Garbage Bin your area.
- Letter to expressing your views on Corruption in India.
- Letter expressing your views on Education beyond classroom teaching.
- Letter to Bank Manager for reissuing your ATM Card.
- Letter to expressing your views on effect of latest technology and gadgets on today’s youth.
- Request for more frequency of Public Transportation (Bus Service) in your area to the Municipal Corporation.
Informal Letter Topics
- Letter to your sister congratulating her on success in the examination.
- Letter to your friend who is going through a Depression.
- Letter to your father asking him to guide you in making the career choice.
- Letter to your favourite novelist praising his/her book.
- Letter to your brother advising him to take steps to improve his Health.
- Thank you letter to your old school teacher for making you a good human being.
- Letter to your mother her advising on her retirement plans.
- Letter to invite your friend to your sister’s wedding.
- Letter to your brother requesting him to send you some extra funds for payment of college fees.
- Letter to your Friend for giving Birthday Wishes.
Remember last minute preparation does not involve deep studies. You only need to go through the essay & letter writing formats and brush up all the important topics which will definitely help you in clearing this exam with ease.
If you found this information on ‘Last minute tips for Letter and Essay writing in SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam’ useful, then do visit www.jagranjosh.com/staff-selection-commission-ssc for more such information on SSC 2018 EXAM.