Applications in the prescribed form are invited from candidates for admission to a competitive examination for recruitment to the post of Civil Judge in Odisha Judicial Service under Law Department.
Name of the Post and Number of Vacancies
Civil Judge: 55 vacancies
Important Dates for recruitment in Odisha Public Service Commission
- Opening date for receipt of application: 27 February 2012
- Last date for receipt of application: 31 March 2012 up to 5 pm
- Date for Preliminary Examination: May 2012
- Date for Main Examination: July 2012
Eligibility Criteria for recruitment in Odisha Public Service Commission
- A candidate must be a Graduate in Law of a University or Institution recognized by the Government
- A Superintendent or a Ministerial Officer in the High Court OR any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court OR an Assistant Law Officer OR Translator of the Law Department of Government, shall also be eligible for appearing at the Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of Civil Judges in Odisha Judicial Service, if he/she is a Graduate in Law of a University recognized by the Government, has approved service in the High Court or in any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court or in the Law Department of not less than seven year
Age Limit (as on 1 August 2012): Minimum 23 years; Maximum 35 years
Pay Scale: Rs 27,700-770-33,090-920-40,450-1080-44,770 with other allowances
Application Fee: Rs 100 to be paid by General and all category candidates of other States, and no fee will be charged from SC/ ST category candidates of Odisha.
The fee needs to be paid either in shape of deposit of the amount in the Government Treasury under the Head "0051-P.S.C.-105-State PSC Examination Fees", or Account Payee Bank Draft/Pay Order drawn in favour of Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission payable at any Scheduled Bank at Cuttack.
Selection Procedure for recruitment in Odisha Public Service Commission: The competitive examination comprise three successive stages viz:-
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
Preliminary Examination: The written examination will be of one paper carrying 100 marks with duration of one and half hours with objective type questions of multiple choice (100 questions of one mark each) on the following subjects
- Constitution of India;
- Code of Civil Procedure;
- Code of Criminal Procedure;
- Evidence Act;
- Indian Penal Code;
- Limitation Act;
- Transfer of Property Act;
- Contract Act;
- Law of Succession (Indian Succession Act and Hindu Succession Act);
- Specific Relief Act.
The preliminary written examination may be held at 5 zonal centres; viz Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Balasore, Berhampur, and Sambalpur.
Main Examination: The main examination shall consist of the following papers
Compulsory Papers: There will be two compulsory papers
PAPER- 1: General English (150 Mark)
- Translation and retranslation of ten lines each
- A short Essay of about 150 words
- Precis writing consisting of 300 words
- 1 (one) passage of about 500 words with 5 questions
PAPER- 2: Procedural Laws
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
Optional Papers: A candidate may choose any of the three subjects among the following
- Law of Crime & Law of Torts
- Personal Law
(a) Hindu Law
(b) Mohammedan Law
- Law of Property
a) Transfer of property Act, 1882
b) Specific Relief Act, 1963. 150 Marks
c) Indian Limitation Act, 1963
- Law of Contract
a) Indian Contract Act, 1872.
b) Sales of Goods Act, 1930 150 Marks
c) Partnership Act, 1932.
d) Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881
- Jurisprudence and Constitution of India
Interview: Interview shall carry 100 (one hundred) marks. Questions to be asked in the interview may not ordinarily be outside the syllabus prescribed for the main written examination. In the interview, questions covering broad National and International issues and matters of common interest in the field of Arts and Science.
How to Apply for recruitment in Odisha Public Service Commission: Interested eligible candidates are required to send their applications in prescribed form by Registered Post/ Speed Post/ Courier Service in closed covers to the Special Secretary, O.P.S.C., 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001 mentioning full name & address of the candidate, Advertisement Number, and name of the Post/ Service advertised in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS.
For more details; please CLICK HERE