The format of the Civil Services Examination consists of the following:
- Written Examination
- Interview Test
Only those candidates that obtain minimum qualifying marks will be called for an interview. It is expected that twice the number of candidates will be called as there are vacancies.
The marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and the Interview Test will determine the final ranking. The marks obtained in the Indian Languages and English are of a qualifying nature and hence will not be counted for ranking.
Civil Services Main Examination Papers
- Paper I, Indian Languages, 300 Marks
- Paper II, English, 300 Marks
- Paper III, Essay, 200 Marks
- Paper IV, General Studies, 300 Marks
- Paper V, General Studies, 300 Marks
- Paper VI, VII, VIII and IX, 2 Optional Subjects, 2 Papers from Each Subject, 300 marks each paper
Total Marks used in Ranking:
Written examination: 2000 Points
Interview: 300 Points
Total Points for Ranking: 2300 Points