State Bank of India will organize written examination for recruitment of Clerks in Associate Banks of SBI. The SBI Associate Bank Clerk Exam 2015 will be Commence from 24 Jan 2015
The banking team of jagranjosh.com has come up with concept and sample questions for English Language: Synonyms. The concept provided by us will help you to understand the topic. The sample questions offered by us are framed by keeping in view need of the question paper
What are Synonyms?
- Two set of words, which mean exactly same or similar are termed as synonyms. Thus, a single word can have many synonyms. A state of being synonyms is called synonymy.
- If you do not know the exact meaning of the word. Try and understand it in the context of the paragraph.
- Sometimes, if the meaning of the word is not clear, then reading all the options in the answer is a good idea. You can go through all the other options and start negating them one by one.
- If the word sounds more like a tongue twister to you, try and break it into meaningful parts. Chances are that the full word will start making more sense to you.
- A very effective way of knowing and fairing well in this section is regularly reading synonyms and making your own list. Revise the list regularly so that you remember the words more often.
- When you replace a certain word in a sentence using its synonym, keep in mind that the context does not change or the whole meaning of the sentence will change.
For Eg: What is the Synonym of Embezzle
Answer: A is the right option as embezzle means stealing money.