The SBI Clerk Exam 2014 is just round the corner in the month of July or August 2014. Candidates who have applied for the post must be thinking of the right way to prepare so that it becomes easy for them to crack the exam.
Candidates need to be dedicated and have a serious approach while being in the process of preparation. As objective questions are very scoring so candidates should be sincere with the study since this can help them to get well in the exam. This section deals with English Grammar and is termed as General English. This section is one of the interesting sections as with just good grip over grammar and correct usage of it, candidates can score high.
The banking experts of Jagranjosh.com have constructed section wise tips and strategies that will help the candidates to prepare better for the exam. Below are some of the English language tips and strategies that can be useful.
- English language section includes the grammatical part which has objective type multiple choice questions. The section includes questions on common errors, synonyms and antonyms. It also has question of fill in the blanks, idioms and phrases, close tests, comprehension, spelling correction, sentence arrangement, one word substitution etc.
- You have to know correct and flawless English as this section tests the ability of writing correct English. If you have a strong base then this section will not be a trouble.
- Along with grammar, candidates should increase their vocabulary with some rich stock of words which will help them to develop language ability and perform better. Building good vocabulary is very important for every competitive exam.
- Daily reading of newspapers, speeches, magazines can help the candidate to learn new words from these sources.
- Candidates should have an eye to detect the mistakes while they are reading the passage. This helps them to correctly solve the comprehension section.
- It is important for candidates to underline the important instances and mentionable facts, increase in reading speed, development of new ideas within limited time; keep forging ahead can help the candidate while going through the comprehension topics.