Staff Selection Commission organizes Written Examination for the recruitment of candidates for various posts in central government departments/ministries. The examination is conducted at different centers across the country. The whole examination process comprises three Tiers. While the Tier I and Tier II consist of written tests, the Tier III constitutes Personality Test cum Interview/Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test and Document Verification, as per posts requirement. The Tier I Exam Question Paper will include 200 multiple choice objective type questions. Each section will have 50 questions with negative marking of .25 marks for each wrong answer. Here are some tips and strategies related to Quantitative Aptitude, which will help the students to score well in the examination.
• Quantitative Aptitude section generally includes questions from topic like Simplification, Approximation, Profit and Loss Percentage, Discount, Average, Data Interpretation, Time and Work, Trigonometry, Ratio Proportion, Square Roots, Decimal and Fractions.
• Knowledge of Basic Mathematics from class V to X is required for QA Section of SSC Combined Higher Secondary Exam
• The candidates should know the basic rules applied in each chapter.
• By heart learning of formulas and their application would be perfect way to solve many questions
• Basic calculation and approximation concept should be strong as they directly drive the candidate to right option
• More and More Practice of Model Questions and Previous Year Questions will be very helpful for the candidates in scoring well in the exam.