Staff Selection Commission conducts Written Examination for the recruitment of candidates for various posts of Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk in various departments. The examination is conducted at different centers across the country. Detailed Notification. The questions paper includes 4 Sections comprising General Intelligence, English Language (Basic Knowledge), Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skills), and General Awareness. Read More for Exam Pattern. The total of 200 multiple choice questions of one mark each will be asked. Each section will have 50 questions with negative marking of .25 marks for each wrong answer. Here are some tips and strategies related to English Language, which will help the students to score well in the examination.
Points to remember
The efficient and expert team of Jagranjosh.com has brought section wise tips and strategies for the candidates in making them perfect for exam. Get detailed tips and strategies.
- Command over grammar- Questions from the topics like Reading Comprehensions, Sentence Arrangement, Synonyms, Antonyms, spelling test, common error, fillers etc are being asked. Know about syllabus. The rules of part of speech must be understood well as they are highly required to solve grammar part
- Correct usage- The candidates should have good knowledge of rules of Grammar and its correct usage in right perspective
- Read a lot- They should have good reading ability for attempting questions of Reading Comprehensions
- Vocabulary Power- Vocabulary of candidates should also be strong to answer synonyms and antonyms.
- Practice Model Questions- The candidate should give attention to the various exceptions to the grammatical rules also. Practicing the model question papers can be helpful for the candidate to perform well.
For Preparation of GI Section, candidates should go through SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2013 General Intelligence eBook