SSC MTS Recruitment 2021 Notification: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released an important information regarding SSC MTS 2021 on its website - ssc.nic.in. As per the notice, the candidates cab make the payment of fee through Bank Challan at designated Branches of the Bank from 05 April 2021 and 06 April 2021 provided the Challan has been generated by them before 25 March 2021.
The online application process for recruitment to the post of Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) was ended on 21 March on SSC website i.e ssc.nic.in.
SSC had released the notification for recruitment to the post of MTS General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India, in different States/ Union Territories in the employment newspaper dated 13 to 19 February 2021 and on its website. Candidates who will complete their SSC MTS Application, successfully, will be called to appear for SSC MTS Exam 2021 which is scheduled from 01 July to 20 July 2021.
Candidates who are seeking to apply for SSC MTS 2021 Exam should be 10th class passed or equivalent from a recognized Board. The age of the candidates should be 18 to 25 years.
Last year, the commission had released around 7099 vacancies for various posts under SSC MTS Recruitment. We can expect similar number of vacancies for the year 2020-21.
More details on SSC MTS Recruitment 2020-21 such as important dates, salary, eligibility, selection process, exam pattermn, syllabus, application process are available below in this article.
SSC MTS 2021 Important Dates
|Starting Date of SSC MTS Online Application||05 February 2021|
|Last Date of SSC MTS Online Application||21 March 2021|
|Last Date of SSC MTS Online Fee Payment at the
Branches of SBI
|23 March 2021|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||25 March 2021|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||06 APRIL 2021|
|SSC MTS Exam Date for Paper 1||01 July to 20 July 2021|
|SSC MTS Result Date for Paper 1||to be announced|
|SSC MTS Exam Date for Paper 2||21 November 2021|
|SSC MTS Result Date for Paper 2||to be announced|
SSC MTS 2021 Vacancy Details
Multi-Tasking Staff Posts
SSC MTS Salary:
Pay Level- 1 as per Pay Matrix of 7th Pay Commission
SSC MTS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must be 10th Class Passed.
A candidate must be either:
- citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
SSC MTS Age Limit:
- General: 18 to 25 Years
- SC/ST: 18 to 30 Years
- OBC: 18 to 28 Years
- PwD (Unreserved): 18 to 35 years
- PwD (OBC): 18 to 38 years
- PwD (SC/ ST): 18 to 40 years
- Ex-Servicemen (ESM): 03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.
Selection Procedure for SSC MTS 2021
Selection process consists of:
- Paper 1
- Paper 2
- Document Verification
SSC MTS Exam Pattern (Paper 1):
SSC MTS Exam Paper 1 is an objective type and will be conducted in online mode. There will be 100 questions on:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time||Medium of Exam|
|General English||25||25||1 hour and 30 minutes||English|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||English and Hindi|
|Numerical Aptitude||25||25||English and Hindi|
|General Awareness||25||25||English and Hindi|
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC MTS Paper 1 Score
Marks scored by candidates in Paper-I will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
SSC MTS 2021 Syllabus for Paper 1
- English Language: Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. and writing ability would be tested.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: There will be non-verbal type questions. The test will include questions on similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
- Numerical Aptitude:Questions on Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
- General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions on current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in the scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
SSC MTS Paper 2 Exam Pattern:
It is descriptive type test conducted for all candidates who will be qualified in Paper 1. Paper 2 will only be of qualifying nature and is intended to test elementary language skills in view of categorization of the post as Group-C and in view of job requirements.
|Short Essay/Letter in English or in any language included in the 8th
schedule of the Constitution
SSC MTS Qualifying Marks
Qualifying marks in Paper-II will be 40% (35% for all reserved category candidates)
SSC MTS Admit Card 2021
The admit card of the candidates whose application accepted will be uploaded on the Regional/ Sub-Regional websites of SSC. The candidates can download SSC MTS Paper 1 Admit Card and other exam about two weeks before the date of examination using their details. They should carry their admit card along with two passport size recent colour photographs, Original valid Photo-ID proof at the centre
SSC MTS Answer Key 2021
SSC MTS Paper 1 Answer Keys, in due course after the exam, will be placed on the website of the
SSC MTS Result 2021
SSC will release the result of Paper 1 and Paper 2 on its official website - ssc.nic.in
SSC MTS Cut-Off 2021
There will be separate category-wise, State/ UT-wise cut-offs in Paper-I. As the vacancies for MTS are in two age groups i.e. (i) 18 to 25 years and (ii) 18 to 27 years, the Commission may fix separate age group-wise, category-wise and State/ UT-wise cut- offs in Paper-I.
SSC MTS Document Verification and Final Result 2021
Based on the performance in Paper-I and scoring the cut-off marks in Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in the Document Verification to check their eligibility as per the information given by them in the online Application FormAll the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to appear for Document Verification along with the original documents.
The final selection will be done on the basis of marks obtained in Paper 1.
How to Apply for SSC MTS Recruitment 2021
Eligible candidates can apply for SSC MTS 2020-21 from 02 February to 21 March 2021 by following steps for filling up the SSC MTS application form:
- Go to the official SSC website www.ssc.nic.in.
- Register on the official website by clicking on ‘Register Now’ link provided in ‘Login’ Section
- Now, log-in to your account by entering registration number and password.
- Click ‘Apply’ link in ‘Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination 2020
- 5.After providing all the details, now upload the scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- The last step is fee submission. Submit the fee by credit/ debit card or e-challan.
- After submitting the fee, a confirmation mail/msg will be sent to the candidates.
Application Fees for SSC MTS Exam 2021:
- General and OBC - Rs 100/-
- Women /SC/ST/PH/Ex-Servicemen - No Fee
Fee can be paid via Online or Offline/SBI Challan Mode