Staff Selection Commission Recruitment of Scientific Assistant 2011
Find all information about applying for the post of Scientific Assistant in Indian Meteorological Department conducted by Staff Selection Commission in the year 2011
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for filling up the post of Scientific Assistant in Indian Meteorological Department. The Staff Selection Commission will make All India Open Examination on 18 December 2011 for the post.
Name of the Post and Number of Vacancies
Scientific Officer: 465 vacancies (UR-230, OBC-128, SC-70, ST-37) & Horizontal reservation for OH-10 & HH-10)
- Opening date for submitting online application: 1 October 2011
- Closing date for submitting online application (Part 1): 26 October 2011
- Closing date for submitting online application (Part 2): 28 October 2011 till 5 pm
- Closing date for submitting online application (candidates from remote areas): 7 November 2011
- Date for written examination: 18 December 2011
Educational Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in Science (with Physics as one of the subject)/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications or Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized Institution/ University or equivalent.
NOTE-I: The qualifying Degree or diploma referred above should be in First Class (60% marks) or 6.75 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
NOTE-II: The qualifying Degree or Diploma referred above must be of three (3) years duration.
NOTE-III: The applicant must have passed 10+2 Examination from a Recognized Board or equivalent in Science with Physics and Mathematics as core subjects.
Age Limit as on (28 October 2011): Maximum 30 years
Pay Scale: PB- 2 Rs 9300-34800; plus Grade Pay Rs 4200
Selection Procedure: Selection Process will comprise of Written Examination followed by Interview.
Application Fee: Application fee for General/ OBC category candidates is Rs 100 and no fee will be charged from SC/ ST/ PH/ Women candidates.
The candidates submitting their applications on- line should pay the requisite fee only through State Bank of India challan or using on-line payment facility of State Bank of India. The facility of on line payment is not currently available at website http://www.sscregistration.sifyitest.com/
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted ON LINE only in the format available On-line. Two Websites http://www.ssconline.nic.in/ AND http://www.sscregistration.sifyitest.com/ are available for the purpose. The filling of online application contains two parts:
- Part I Registration: In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate shall be prompted to check the details and make any correction in the application. Candidate may press I agree button after declaration once he/she finds that information supplied by him/ her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification etc. shall be allowed. Then a page with Registration No. shall be generated. Note down registration number or take out the print out of the page.
- Part II Registration: Part II registration requires filling of payment details, uploading of photograph, and scanned signature. Candidates may note that the Registration number given by the Commission and Transaction ID of the Bank should be properly entered in the relevant space, failing which it will not be possible to link the payment with Part I registration. Online application will be complete only if scanned signature and photo are uploaded as per instructions.
.For more details, please CLICK HERE or refer Employment Newspaper dated 1 October- 7 October 2011